Layer mask based on saturation of another layer?

Layer mask based on saturation of another layer?

Post by Gobo Bor » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:29:40

Hi all,

I hope this hasn't been asked adn answered before - but a search
revealed nothing.

What I'd like to do is create a mask for one layer based on the
saturation of another layer.  In the mask, white would represent totally
saturated values from the other layer, while black would represent
totally desaturated values from the other layer (or vice versa - I could
always reverse them). Of course, the mask would then work the way it
always has, in effect providing levels of transparency based on the
values from black to white, (which, actually are, by that time, based
based on the saturation of the choosen other layer.

Anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks - Gobo

Layer mask based on saturation of another layer?

Post by Bart van der Wol » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:46:10

SNIP

Quote:> What I'd like to do is create a mask for one layer based on the
> saturation of another layer.
SNIP
> Anyone know a way to do this?

Make a duplicate of your RGB layer and use the HSB/HSL filter (plug-in from
the Goodies on the CD). After conversion, use the "green" layer which holds
the Saturation channel for mask creation.

Bart

1. layering, layer masking, masks en channels

Hi,

Ik ben op zoek naar een goed boek over photoshop waarin uitgebreid
onderstaande functionaliteiten worden uitgemeten:

1)Layering
2)Layer masking
3)Use of Channels

Ook moeten er goed praktijkvoorbeelden in staan.

Een aantal internet-sites waarin bovenstaande functionaliteiten worden
beschreven is ook gewenst!

Groet,
Jorgen

2. (no subject)

3. Layer masks and Adjustment layers

4. Books on the Traditional Stuff - Need Info

5. Layer masks and pasting onto layers

6. new website

7. layers layers layers

8. POVRAY 3.0 extreme slowdown caused by simple clipping

9. layers, layers, layers

10. layers layers layers PS 4 vs merge

11. Layer mask VS Channel mask

12. masks and layer masks?

13. Adjusting saturation of multiple layers at once