Installing Upgrade Without Original?

Post by Rick Wilso » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:33:09

> About 18 months ago I bought the upgrade from 4 to 6.  I didn't think
> about needing the Version 4 disk and pitched it to avoid confusion.  A
> few days ago my hard drive failed and when I tried to reinstall the V6
> upgrade it wanted the V4 disk.  How do I get past this?  Surely I
> don't have to rebuy a full version.

A few suggestions:

1. Call Adobe and explain the situation.  If you registered V4 (you
should have) then they'll have your info on file.
2. Find a friend with PS4 and use their CD (or burn a copy).
3. Buy a copy of V4 full version off eBay or at a computer fair.
4. Chock it up to experience and buy PS6 full version.