Filling text outline with image -- jaggies!

Filling text outline with image -- jaggies!

Post by Martin Alla » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

For a web banner, I'm taking an image (dramatic sunset), putting text over
it (Impact 32pt bold) and then with selection and inverse selection, filling
out the body of the text with the image. End up up with jaggies on the text
outline.

Anyone recommend the best way to do this?

By the way, thanks to the guys who helped me with the rounded button thing.

Martin

Post by Tom Thom » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>For a web banner, I'm taking an image (dramatic sunset), putting text over
>it (Impact 32pt bold) and then with selection and inverse selection, filling
>out the body of the text with the image. End up up with jaggies on the text
>outline.

>Anyone recommend the best way to do this?

Place your text on one layer, your image on a layer above it and then
create a clipping group.  The advantage of this method is that you can
continue to edit the text with the image in it.

If you get lost, try this tutorial:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Just substitute your image for the solid colors/gradients used in the
example.
------------------------------
Tom

Unsolicited adverti*ts cheerfully ignored.

1. filling eps outline with text

I've forgotten how to fill pen tool "lines" made in Illustrator 7.x
with text, either in Illustrator or in Quark 4.x.

In other words, I have an Illustrator file with discontinuous pen
strokes. I'd like to fill the strokes with text, with the option of
filling the background of the strokes instead.

Quark or Illustrator would be okay for using to fill the area. I'd
rather not use Photoshop for this.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

2. Visible light beams.

3. Need gradient fill (outline fill) algorithm

4. zoom

5. Flood Fill Jaggies

6. Zhu Jiachen UIC Chicago

7. Jaggies when flood filling

8. Outlining text in PS 3.0/Text Wizard info?

9. text fill with an image

10. How do I fill text with an image

11. How to have text filled with an image?

12. hidden line removal with filled, outlined polygons