Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by Gordon Sanderso » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
best.

Thanks,

Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by Anthon » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

I use MaskPro, also, and it works very well.  I haven't tried Ultimatte's
stuff, yet, though, mainly because it does not yet run on Windows.

  -- Anthony

> I have just purchased MaskPro, and it seems to be very good for what use i
> have put it through so far.

> > I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
> > These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different
images.
> > They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
> > comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.
> > am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is
the
> > best.

> > Thanks,

> > Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by Nigel - KS » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

Corel Photopaint. Adobe Photoshop.

--
remove mypants to reply:

>I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
>These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
>They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
>comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
>am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
>best.

>Thanks,

>Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by David A. Smit » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

agreed
David

Post by Anthony Ro » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

> I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking
> programs available.
> These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from
> different images.
> They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I
> appreciate any
> comments you can provide on your previous experiences
> with these tools.  I
> am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no
> idea which is the
> best.

Take a look at the book Photoshop Channel Chops.  It tells you how to do all of the masking operations without
extra software.  I tried MaskPro, but wasn't that impressed - it works, but can be fiddly.  Using channels is often a
 lot easier.

Anthony

Post by M & A Drawbridg » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

I have just purchased MaskPro, and it seems to be very good for what use i
have put it through so far.

> I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
> These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
> They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
> comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
> am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
> best.

> Thanks,

> Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by M & A Drawbridg » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

What I suggest is to take a visit to http://www.extensis.com   and download
a trial version of MaskPro.  It allows you to get a feel the techniques used
in many of the popular masking programmes.  It is only a plugin, so make
sure you have a industry standard editing program before you download it.
If you like it you can purchase it on line after the 30 days trial expires.

>I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
>These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
>They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
>comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
>am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
>best.

>Thanks,

>Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by Rob Coldwel » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

I have no problem with recommending Photoshop for this. Selection tools and
methods are particularly good, as is "paste into" to place a new image into
a selected background area.

There are plugins which will extend these features.

>I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
>These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
>They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
>comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
>am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
>best.

>Thanks,

>Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by cable_gu » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Ultimatte Knockout an Extensis MaskPro are the best. For a comparison
between these two check out Publish (this is a magazine targeted at
publishing professionals and those aspiring to become one). Their site is
at: http://www.publish.com then follow the links to reviews.

Another program is Arrivoselect. I have tried this one and found it somewhat
cumbersome in using, but the results were not that bad.

Gordon Sanderson wrote

>I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
>These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
>They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
>comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
>am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
>best.
>Thanks,
>Gordon Sanderson

Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

Post by The Pirat » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

I have a crack that registers ALL the extensis programs including mask pro.  It
works great!

> What I suggest is to take a visit to http://www.extensis.com   and download
> a trial version of MaskPro.  It allows you to get a feel the techniques used
> in many of the popular masking programmes.  It is only a plugin, so make
> sure you have a industry standard editing program before you download it.
> If you like it you can purchase it on line after the 30 days trial expires.

> >I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
> >These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
> >They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
> >comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
> >am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
> >best.

> >Thanks,

> >Gordon Sanderson

1. Masking Programs - Your Comments Appreciated

I am soliciting your suggestions for the top masking programs available.
These should allow the easy removal of backgrounds from different images.
They can be either add-ins or stand-alone programs.  I appreciate any
comments you can provide on your previous experiences with these tools.  I
am trying to pick the best one out there, but I have no idea which is the
best.

Thanks,

Gordon Sanderson

2. Video cards and output

3. raytracer -- comments appreciated

4. How do you load a JPG as wallpaper?

5. Any comment is appreciated

6. Looking for suggestions/advice/software

7. Unusual digital artwork -- comments appreciated!

8. Any comment is appreciated

9. Any comment would be greatly appreciated

10. any comments would be appreciated.

11. raytracer -- comments appreciated

12. Unusual digital artwork -- comments appreciated!