print grayed out with 30 bit scan help

Post by Joe Que » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I can not seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.
I have an Astra 1200s and when I do a 30 bit scan, it scans just fine
in photoshop 4.01
I then tried to print it but  the print button is grayed out. I
thought maybe it had something to do with my 4 meg  Millenium graphics
card but i tried all its setttings all the way to 36 bit mode. No
luck.
I sure would appreciate it if anyone has seen this same problem in
photoshop or give me an idea of what to try.
Thanks,
Joe

print grayed out with 30 bit scan help

Post by Mike Engle » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

You have to convert to 24bit colour. Many of Photoshop's functions do
not work in 30 bit.

Mike Engles

> I can not seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.
> I have an Astra 1200s and when I do a 30 bit scan, it scans just fine
> in photoshop 4.01
> I then tried to print it but  the print button is grayed out. I
> thought maybe it had something to do with my 4 meg  Millenium graphics
> card but i tried all its setttings all the way to 36 bit mode. No
> luck.
> I sure would appreciate it if anyone has seen this same problem in
> photoshop or give me an idea of what to try.
> Thanks,
> Joe

print grayed out with 30 bit scan help

Post by Thomas Sea » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

You need to change the MODE in photoshop from 16 bit/channel to 8
bit/channel and it should print ok.

Quote:> I can not seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.

--
Thomas E. Seal
DigiMatrix? Quality Photo Restoration and Digital Imaging Services

1. FS:Relisys 30 bit Scanner with transparency adapter

I have a Relisys 9630 30 bit scanner, 600x2400 optical resolution
(interpolates to 9600), which is less than a year old that I'm selling
with transparency adapter, SCSI card, cable and Adobe PhotoShop LE.
               The Relisys works great for chromes, B&W negs and
needless to say for flat copy.  I paid over $600 for it less than a
year ago (transparency adapters alone usually cost over $250);
I'm asking $350.
                                        Thanks,

2. Free CAD Garage Sale & Job Board

3. 30 bit scanners

4. The House Of Moon

5. Cheap 30-bit Scanners Better Than HP IICX?

6. Importing Autocad Drawings

7. Quality of Mustek 30-bit scanners

8. Modifying the selection area??

9. RELISYS SCORPIO 30 bit page scanner

10. Howto: copy 8 bit gray-scale pixmap in alpha channel of 32 bit pixmap

11. Create a 30 lpi film for pad printing

12. 30 inch print limit

13. comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro statistics Mon, 30 Sep 2002 (last 30 days)