Fill punch holes from scan with CS?

Post by you know who mayb » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:59:39

Hello, I could use some advice please. I scanned a brochure which has punch
holes for a three-ring binger and I'd like to fill them in. At the least I'd
like to just put a white circle over the holes, and maybe black circle on
the dark pages.  What tool do I use in CS?  In the old MS-Paint program I'd
draw a circle and fill it in using the paint-can tool!

Thanks!

Fill punch holes from scan with CS?

Post by KatWoma » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:48:23

you should use the clone tool, it will match the color more exactly to the
original.
If you are afraid to mess up the original, use "save as first", then make a
new layer above that (click paper at bottom of layer palette) You really
won't need to select the hole area. Choose the clone tool , opacity 100%,
choose brush size* slightly larger than the hole, alt click near the hole to
get the clone point reference, the place brush over the hole area and click.
Use merge down and save in format of your choice.

*set preferences to see a circle of the brush size you are using

Quote:> Hello, I could use some advice please. I scanned a brochure which has
> punch holes for a three-ring binger and I'd like to fill them in. At the
> least I'd like to just put a white circle over the holes, and maybe black
> circle on the dark pages.  What tool do I use in CS?  In the old MS-Paint
> program I'd draw a circle and fill it in using the paint-can tool!

> Thanks!

1. punching multiple holes into an object

I generally use Boolean >subtract (A-B) to produce a compound object when I
want it to have a hole in it, but if that object has many holes, like. . .a
spaghetti strainer, or . . a computer fan (triangular slots), then I notice
that after applying the 2nd and 3rd holes, etc. that these subsequent holes
have no thickness to them.  That is, the edges are not being capped,
although the first hole always works the way I expect.

Is there a better way to render an object with many pieces cut out of it? or
is there a setting I should use during a Boolean subtract operation on an
object that is already a compound object?

2. MAXScript float precision

3. Punching Holes in NURB Objects?

4. PRINTING & DBChart Canvas

5. punching holes in a polygon

6. Need help making Smoke trail in POVRAY

7. finding a used registration hole punch

8. "punching a hole" in an image

9. Punching holes!

10. lax330408@cs.com lax330408@cs.com gidget467@cs.com gidget467@cs.com lax330408@cs.com gidget467@cs.com lax330408@cs.com gidget467@cs.com

11. Filling 2D-Polygons (Scan-Conversion filling)

12. Filling holes