Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

Post by Roge » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to trim or resize some of the images into the exact measurement.
But PS 5.5 or some other phto editing tools are just off by a fraction.  For
ex:  I have a 4x6 inches pic, and want to trim it down to 3.6x6 inches.  But
it alwasys comes down to 3.597 x 6 inches.  I need to have the precise cut
in order to lineup multiple pictures together.  Does anybody know another
way or tool to accomplish this?  Please help!

Thanks!

Roger

Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

Post by Ross » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Pixels are precise. Measure by pixel dimensions. You can make the
image(s) the size you want in inches when you're ready to print.

Ross

Quote:>Hi,

>I am trying to trim or resize some of the images into the exact measurement.
>But PS 5.5 or some other phto editing tools are just off by a fraction.  For
>ex:  I have a 4x6 inches pic, and want to trim it down to 3.6x6 inches.  But
>it alwasys comes down to 3.597 x 6 inches.  I need to have the precise cut
>in order to lineup multiple pictures together.  Does anybody know another
>way or tool to accomplish this?  Please help!

>Thanks!

>Roger

Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

Post by Anthon » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Use pixels for your dimensions.  Note that if 3.6 inches does not come out
to an integral number of pixels at the current dpi for your image, Photoshop
will not be able to get the image to exactly 3.6 inches.  This is expected
and normal behavior.

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to trim or resize some of the images into the exact
measurement.
> But PS 5.5 or some other phto editing tools are just off by a fraction.
For
> ex:  I have a 4x6 inches pic, and want to trim it down to 3.6x6 inches.
But
> it alwasys comes down to 3.597 x 6 inches.  I need to have the precise cut
> in order to lineup multiple pictures together.  Does anybody know another
> way or tool to accomplish this?  Please help!

> Thanks!

> Roger

Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

Post by Lindsay Merrit » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If the images can stand very minor cropping, double click the crop tool and
click the "Fixed Target Size" box. Set the precise size you require and the
resolution and viola!!.
Crop and the size will be with you.
Cheers,
Lindsay

Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

Post by Darren M Taylo » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If you DO NOT want to keep  the original proportions, which PS is trying to
do here, uncheck the constrain proportions tick box

Quote:> If the images can stand very minor cropping, double click the crop tool
and
> click the "Fixed Target Size" box. Set the precise size you require and
the
> resolution and viola!!.
> Crop and the size will be with you.
> Cheers,
> Lindsay

1. Can't resize images made from selections without resizing all layers

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem that I'm wondering if others can
reproduce, and if it is by design or it is a bug.  Here's what
happens:

I select a rectangular section of a pre-existing PSP image and then
paste it as a new image.  Then I click Image, Resize, then select
Actual/print size and specify the larger image size that I want in
inches.  NOTE: By default, I have the 'resize all layers' check box
UNchecked.  When I click Ok, the image is cropped proportionally
instead of resized.  The pixel height and width in the resulting image
stays the same.

Resizing the original image this way works fine, i.e. the resulting
image is resized to the proper dimensions and the pixel height and
width are increased properly.  Even if I select the entire original
image and paste it as a new image, I still get the odd cropping
behavior instead of a properly resized image.

Now, if I attempt to resize the image made from a selection with the
'resize all layers' box checked, everything seems to work fine, even
though the image made from the selection has no active selection and
has only a single layer.  Is this the way PSP resizing is supposed to
work?  Drove me nuts for a while.

Bruce

2. Where's the FAQ?

3. Resize Image/Canvas area visually?

4. Tile extraction program

5. When resizing Image Canvas stays same

6. FS: Delphi Software & Books

7. TImage.Canvas.ClipRect problem when resizing

8. was wondering why....

9. Newbie question: Batch resize of images problem

10. Image resizing problem

11. PictureBox resizing with Form resize

12. Image Resize Problem

13. problem with image resize