We page Help

Post by robert weisbe » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:39:55

I am using Photoshop 7 and Image cready to create a home page and a
few templates. My design seems to work but the page is aligned to the
left side when previewed in a browser. I would like the page to center
with a little white space on each side rather than lining up on the
left side. How is this done? I appreciate the help. Are there any good
online tutorials focused on the creation of web pages?

Rob

We page Help

Post by Bobocit » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:02:52

Quote:>I am using Photoshop 7 and Image cready to create a home page and a
>few templates. My design seems to work but the page is aligned to the
>left side when previewed in a browser. I would like the page to center
>with a little white space on each side rather than lining up on the
>left side. How is this done? I appreciate the help. Are there any good
>online tutorials focused on the creation of web pages?

>Rob

The answer depends on a few things...like how is your page layout achieved, by
CSS, by nested tables? And are you mainly interested in getting a page up for
now, or are you wanting to really learn the "state of the art" of flexible
design?
You could try enclosing your markup within a centering div, e.g.
{content here}
This could lead to unpredictable results with CSS.
Resources...
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
Check out the comp.infosystems.www.authoring.site-design newsgroup, (and its
archives at Google Groups) for an idea of the current issues and discussions on
web design. They can help there with specifics, if you post a link to your page,
even if just a test page, although they favor CSS for layout over tables or
other fixed-size methods.
http://www.sitepointforums.com/ Check out the Reviews and Critiques section
especially.
alt.html.critique
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
http://www.echoecho.com/toolhtmlinspector.htm
http://validator.w3.org/
There are lots of tuts online so just check Google.

--
Bobocito
Photoshop Links Page

We page Help

Post by Taci » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:04:27

Quote:>I am using Photoshop 7 and Image cready to create a home page and a
>few templates. My design seems to work but the page is aligned to the
>left side when previewed in a browser. I would like the page to center
>with a little white space on each side rather than lining up on the
>left side. How is this done?

Basic HTML

--
"Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.

We page Help

Post by Berni » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:17:16

Quote:>I am using Photoshop 7 and Image cready to create a home page and a
>few templates. My design seems to work but the page is aligned to the
>left side when previewed in a browser. I would like the page to center
>with a little white space on each side rather than lining up on the
>left side. How is this done? I appreciate the help. Are there any good
>online tutorials focused on the creation of web pages?

>Rob

=======================================
In the most simple of terms, create a table with one or more rows and
three columns.  Place your page in the middle column. Designate the
column widths as percentages, rather than specific pixel measurements.
That way, it will resize correctly in moniitors set to any resolution.
Keep in mind that just because it looks okay on your machine and your
browser, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will look the same on
another machine or browser.  Get feedback from friends with different
equipment.

Bernie

We page Help

Post by John Staffor » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:21:49

> In the most simple of terms, create a table with one or more rows and
> three columns.  Place your page in the middle column.  [...]

Way too complex!

1. Mode 13h hidden pages, help

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to access the other pages of video memory
in mode 13h (320x200x256c)?  Is there a technique similar to bank switching
on the SVGA?  In "Programmer's Guide to the EGA and VGA Cards", Ferraro
mentions that although each plane of this mode only requires 16,000 bytes,
all 64,000 bytes are used and not available to the host.  This seems odd,
as I would have assumed with a 256K card, 4 pages could be used.  If anyone
could help me with this, I would appreciate it as I would like to do some
hidden page animation.

I was also playing around with a few of the VGA registers and set the
2T4 bit of the Maximum Scan Line Registers (bit 7 of index 09h of port
3D4) to 0.  This creates a 320x400 screen, but I can't seem to find a
way to display an entire page in this mode.  Right now, the first page,
200 lines, is duplicated on the bottom half of the screen.  I believe
there must be some register which is telling the card to restart getting
data from the top of the display memory.  Is there a way to force it
to keep reading until 400 lines of unique data are drawn?

Along the same lines, could someone tell me how to set up Mode X and Mode Y.
I've been hearing about these modes, but have been unable to get any info
about how they're set up.  I really don't want to buy another graphics book
either, so if someone could point me in the right direction...

Thanks for the help,
Stirling

2. Raytracing books out there?

3. Scans for WWW page: HELP!!

4. how to tell if face is culled by GL ?

5. Keep pages HELP!!!!

6. Help on "splot"

7. booklet plugin loses page, Help!

8. tripple buffering??

9. Tiffs from database to web page help

10. Want to print A WHITE TEXT on a yellow page ......HELP ????

11. Wanna print a WHITE TEXT on a yellow page .......HELP !!!

12. help how do i add page numbers to the master page

13. Convert single page Tiff to Multi-Page Tiff