"Virtual Painter" plug-in

Post by toby » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Don't know if anyone is interested, but a friend turned me on to a quite
neat plug-in called "Virtual Painter" which mimics various art techniques
such as oil painting, collage, watercolor, etc. I've been cruising the
plug-in scene for awhile, but have never seen anything quite like it. It's
shareware and can be found at http://LiveCraft.com . Unfortunately the site
is all in Japanese, but there is enough English to make it possible to
navigate and download, and the program itself is all in English. Just a
matter of dropping everything in the plug-ins folder. It works fine on
English Photoshop 5.5. Definitely worth a look if you are interested in this
kind of thing. The shareware fees are listed in yen, but I guess the guy
would be happy to take your dollars or whatever.

I'm in no way affiliated with this guy, but quite like the plug-in and
thought that since the site is in Japanese probably not too many English
speakers know about it.
--
Toby
remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

"Virtual Painter" plug-in

Post by Lo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Don't know if anyone is interested, but a friend turned me on to a quite
>neat plug-in called "Virtual Painter" which mimics various art techniques

<snip>

This is a great series of plugins. My download was all in Japanese, as
was the program settings :-(. Does anyone have a translation of the
settings, or an English version of the prog?

Thanks
Les

"Virtual Painter" plug-in

Post by toby » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Really? All in Japanese? I guess the version my friend gave me is the
English version, not downloaded from the site apparently. Why not e-mail me
and I can translate it for you, or maybe e-mail you the whole thing in
English.
Best,
--
Toby
remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

> >Don't know if anyone is interested, but a friend turned me on to a quite
> >neat plug-in called "Virtual Painter" which mimics various art techniques

> <snip>

> This is a great series of plugins. My download was all in Japanese, as
> was the program settings :-(. Does anyone have a translation of the
> settings, or an English version of the prog?

> Thanks
> Les

"Virtual Painter" plug-in

Post by toby » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Sorry about the confusion. Yes, the version at http://LiveCraft.com is in
Japanese. I finally found the English version at
http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/art/se036159.html. the site is mostly in
Japanese but enough English to get the download.

Best,

--
Toby
remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Quote:> Don't know if anyone is interested, but a friend turned me on to a quite

Post by grasshoppe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Sorry about the confusion. Yes, the version at http://LiveCraft.com is in
>Japanese. I finally found the English version at
>http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/art/se036159.html. the site is mostly in
>Japanese but enough English to get the download.

This is a 30x limited version of a program which was released in 1996.

"Virtual Painter" plug-in

Post by DanK6352 » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The plugin looks great. Can you tell me anything about the installation as it
is Japanese. Also what is the registration fee so I can send the appropriate
amount for the shareware.
The link at http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/art/se036159.html is for an
older version (English) of the standalone product.

http://LiveCraft.com has the plugin for Photoshop and additional effects as
well as a later version but I am having difficulty installing since the site is
in Japanese.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

"Virtual Painter" plug-in

Post by janeecak » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> The plugin looks great. Can you tell me anything about the installation as it
> is Japanese. Also what is the registration fee so I can send the appropriate
> amount for the shareware.
> The link at http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/art/se036159.html is for an
> older version (English) of the standalone product.

> http://LiveCraft.com has the plugin for Photoshop and additional effects as
> well as a later version but I am having difficulty installing since the site is
> in Japanese.

> Thank you for your help.

> Dan

I, too, have a question about fonts. In my FrontPage, and in some of my
other applications, when i click on the font list, the names of the fonts
are displayed IN that font, so that i can readily tell the difference
between "monotype corsiva" and "french script". Is there a setting or
something that i can use to make Photoshop list the fonts similarly?
Always me, Janee
--
I invite you to visit my websites. New stuff all the time! All original graphics!
http://blackberry.home.att.net for my artwork, music, photos

Remove _always_me from my email address before responding. Thank you. :)

1. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

Does anyone have a problem using PhotoShop 3.  I have alien skin filters
and Kai's Power Tools and yet if I use the spheroid designer in Kai's Power
Tools and then try to add a drop shadow to it using alien skin, PhotoShop
crashes.  Has anyone got a solution to this problem.  It's really bugging
me (pun not intentional).

Yours Pete

2. Smoke shadow??

3. 1996 interview with computer graphics pioneer Mark Zimmer ("Painter"), online now

4. MSChart VB5

5. ["Choose Font" in Painter 4]

6. AddSeries for graphing

7. PT: Painter "With Water" effect

8. custom portrait masking

9. Painter "With Water" effect

10. 1996 interview with computer graphics pioneer Mark Zimmer ("Painter"), online now

11. "Fake" virtual reality