Limiting colours?

Post by Dave » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I need to design a job in CYMK but restricting the logo to two colours,
just 100%K and 100%C.

I have tried everything, but the info tab will always show more than 2
colours and channels are being used when I select around my image.

Does anyone know how I restrict my CMYK image to strictly 2 colours only.

I am using photoshop 4.01 and any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Dave.

Limiting colours?

Post by Loui » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Dave,

Look at your channels seperatley and see if theres anything in the Yellow or
Magenta channels, if so delete everything out of those channels leaving you
with a 2 colour (Black & Cyan) job which will seperate when printed. For
your job you should only be using 100%K and 100%C in  CMYK mode from start
to finish if you start in RGB and convert to CMYK the 100% Cyan and 100%
Black will change values and you will see tints in the other channels also
they will be tints in yher own channels.

Hope this helps there's a much longer explanation but you should figure out
what I mean.

Louis

x is a spamguard

> Hi,
> I need to design a job in CYMK but restricting the logo to two colours,
> just 100%K and 100%C.

> I have tried everything, but the info tab will always show more than 2
> colours and channels are being used when I select around my image.

> Does anyone know how I restrict my CMYK image to strictly 2 colours only.

> I am using photoshop 4.01 and any help will be very much appreciated.

> Regards,
> Dave.

Limiting colours?

Post by Anthon » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:01:00

Hmm... set the image to multichannel mode and use only black and one spot
color (cyan)?

--
Anthony

>Hi,
>I need to design a job in CYMK but restricting the logo to two colours,
>just 100%K and 100%C.

>I have tried everything, but the info tab will always show more than 2
>colours and channels are being used when I select around my image.

>Does anyone know how I restrict my CMYK image to strictly 2 colours only.

>I am using photoshop 4.01 and any help will be very much appreciated.

>Regards,
>Dave.

1. Decrease colours limited ?

Hello !

I'm just curious to know why the following happens :

Photo B&W in 16 millions "colours".
Colours\Decrease...\X colours
and I type 128 colours (range permitted is between 2 and 256).
When applied, I don't have the expected result.
The info about the numbers of colors, bottom right of the screen, is now 256
and if I count the total colours, I get 32 !  Why not 128 (shades of grey,
of
course) ?

The possibility exists although in PSP through Colours\Posterize and select
128 levels.

Just curious...

Jean-Luc

2. New free plugin..

3. colours - colours - colours

4. Help Video Cards!!

5. Open gl colours vs X colours on Solaris

6. Textures for NASA space craft

7. Mapping natural colours to computer colours

8. CMYK colours looking like RGB colours

9. Changing ListViewRow colours...OK, subitem colours NOT OK...

10. Bitmap colours and font colours

11. Which of all colours are palette colours ( 255 colours mode) ?

12. 256 colours Mac vs. 256 colours PC ??