Multiple text layers, change contents simultaneously?

Multiple text layers, change contents simultaneously?

Post by Schraalhans Keukenmeeste » Fri, 01 Jun 2007 16:00:46

I am using CS2. I have a document with several text layers, all of which
get the same text, but different fonts, color, size.

I know I can change the style of multiple text layers in one go (select
and hold shift while changing properties), but this does not work for the
contents.

Any ideas if/how it's possible to change text in one of the fields and
have the others follow suit? I need to modify the text dozens of times for
a project.

--

[Remove the lowercase part of Spamtrap to send me a message]

  "strcmp('apples','oranges') is -1"

Multiple text layers, change contents simultaneously?

Post by ronvi.. » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:48:37

On May 31, 2:00 am, Schraalhans Keukenmeester

Hi,
You can group the text layers into smart objects (right click, group
into smart object) then duplicate those layers by dragging the new
smart object to the 'create new layer button' (not the 'new via copy'
option) for as many new layers as will need, then any changes made to
the text their associated style in one smart object will be propagated
to the other layers.

Ron

1. How to copy multiple layers simultaneously? -- repost--

Hello,

I am using PSP 6.02 and I've been trying to copy several layers at once. I
have an image with 9 layers 3 of which I need to copy. With my present
knowledge of PSP I can merge them first and then copy; duplicate an image
and delete layers do not need; or copy and paste the layers I need one by
one. I also tried to group layers but this helps to move them
together only and does not effect copying.
Is there any way to copy several layers simultaneously and paste them as new
(layered) image?
My task is not that complicated, merging in my case will do, but what if I
need to copy 30 out of 90 layers that could be a lot of work.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

KiseTa

2. Need help printing a scanned image to a HP DJ550C

3. Moving multiple layers of rendered text

4. Please, help: 2-D animation software

5. changing layer text color

6. filled boxes option for gnuplot 3.7

7. Changing color of text within a layer?

8. Changing text color based on underlying layer

9. Error: when editing text layer, layout will change

10. Problem with displaying multiple color images simultaneously (X)

11. Color-correcting layers simultaneously

12. Creating keys for multiple objects simultaneously...