How to get an A4 image to 2 x A5 on an A4 sheet

How to get an A4 image to 2 x A5 on an A4 sheet

Post by Rock » Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:18:25

Hi,

I am beside myself here trying to do this, altho' it must be the most
basic of functions.

I have created a flier on a full portrait A4 canvas and now want to
transfer it to this..

2x50% copies (A5 size) of that flier on a landscape A4 canvas.

I will then save to pdf for printing 2 up.

What is the easiest way to do this please?

At the moment when I 50% reduce the A4 then drag it to another A4
landscape canvas, it come sin as a thumbnail.  Not sure why!!??

Thanks

Rock

How to get an A4 image to 2 x A5 on an A4 sheet

Post by RSD9 » Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:16:47

Try Qimage (or another similar program).

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Peter Wollenbe » Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:07:12

>Hi,

>I am beside myself here trying to do this, altho' it must be the most
>basic of functions.

>I have created a flier on a full portrait A4 canvas and now want to
>transfer it to this..

>2x50% copies (A5 size) of that flier on a landscape A4 canvas.

>I will then save to pdf for printing 2 up.

>What is the easiest way to do this please?

>At the moment when I 50% reduce the A4 then drag it to another A4
>landscape canvas, it come sin as a thumbnail.  Not sure why!!??

1. A5 is 50% by area of A4. Therefore you have to reduce to 70,71%
linear.
2. The resolution of your initial A4 differs from the resolution of
the A4 you draw it to. Both should be at print resolution.

Peter

How to get an A4 image to 2 x A5 on an A4 sheet

Post by jjs » Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:09:59

Quote:> Try Qimage (or another similar program).

Killfile.

1. Gnuplot pslatex figs with A4 *and* A5 paper

Dear interested,

I have been using gnuplot to produce figures using the pslatex,
which produces a LaTeX picture with postscript. I'd like to be
able to include the diagrams in both A4 and A5 documents.

I include the diagrams with something like

\resizebox*{\myfigwidth}{!}{\input{fig.tex}}

where \myfigwidth is given in the preamble by

\newlength{\myfigwidth}
\setlength{\myfigwidth}{0.75\textwidth}

The problem is that this causes the relationship between the
size of the figure itself and the size of the labelling on the
figure to change. The initial relationship is determined by
the choice of font and plot sizes in gnuplot.

Thus, if the figure looks OK with A4, on A5 the labelling will
tiny.

Does anyone know of a good solution?

AHGA,

Loris
Loris Bennett                           Tel.: (+49) 30 314 23762

http://wwwitp.physik.TU-Berlin.DE:80/~loris/
TU Berlin, PN7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, 10632 Berlin, FRG

2. Changing Wallpaper!

3. Printing A5 on A4 (both sides, double)

4. PC animation

5. Printing A5 pages on A4 with special numbering

6. editing around HAIR?

7. printing a5 on a4

8. The xyY and RGB about GretagMacbeth' s colorchecker

9. A4 spreads in A5 book pagemaker 6.0

10. Cut-off when printing on A4 sheets

11. Multi pics on an A4 sheet - Help please