Jagged Text When Resized in CS2

Post by aplus » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 02:36:58

I'm using CS2 and if I create a file with text it looks smooth, but as
soon as I resize it the edges of the text look jagged, like the anti-
alias isn't working. Any setting or preference suggestions that may be
causing this?

Jagged Text When Resized in CS2

Post by ronvi.. » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 02:52:13

Quote:> I'm using CS2 and if I create a file with text it looks smooth, but as
> soon as I resize it the edges of the text look jagged, like the anti-
> alias isn't working. Any setting or preference suggestions that may be
> causing this?

What resolution are you working at?

Post by aplus » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:46:39

> > I'm using CS2 and if I create a file with text it looks smooth, but as
> > soon as I resize it the edges of the text look jagged, like the anti-
> > alias isn't working. Any setting or preference suggestions that may be
> > causing this?

> What resolution are you working at?

Different resolutions. Sometimes 300dpi, then others at 72dpi. This
happens across all PSD files.

On another note, we can take the unsized PSD onto another computer and
shrink the size and it is fine. Its definitely a setting on the
computer that we just can't find.

Post by ronvi.. » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:13:18

> > > I'm using CS2 and if I create a file with text it looks smooth, but as
> > > soon as I resize it the edges of the text look jagged, like the anti-
> > > alias isn't working. Any setting or preference suggestions that may be
> > > causing this?

> > What resolution are you working at?

> Different resolutions. Sometimes 300dpi, then others at 72dpi. This
> happens across all PSD files.

> On another note, we can take the unsized PSD onto another computer and
> shrink the size and it is fine. Its definitely a setting on the
> computer that we just can't find.

One possibility is the Zoom range. I find that only 50% and 100%
display vectors smoothly.

Good luck,
Ron

Post by taci » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:30:19

>  I'm using CS2 and if I create a file with text it looks smooth, but as
> soon as I resize it the edges of the text look jagged, like the anti-
> alias isn't working. Any setting or preference suggestions that may be
> causing this?

This will happen if:

- You do not have the font installed on the computer where you are doing
the resizing, or
- You have rendered the text layer or flattened the image, so the text
is no longer text; or
- You are looking at the image while it is zoomed out on the monitor
(zoom in to 100% to see the text as it actually appears).

--
Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

1. Jagged text in Gif images

I am creating graphics with text in Mac Photoshop, and saving
the file in GIF format.  I then copy the GIF graphic to a UNIX
server for the Web.  The text in the graphics is very jagged.
Does anyone know of a way to eliminate this problem?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tim A. Cameron

2. LW 6.5 Question

3. Jagged text when printing screen captures

4. performance speed

5. Jagged, Ragged Text?

6. Help - Engine or piston object needed - fast!!!!

7. Jagged text in Version 7

8. first BSP

9. Jagged Text from Word to PS4

10. gif 89a - text is jagged

11. why jagged text images?

12. Converting text to outline produces jagged edge..