inconsistent Text Spacing Prob in PS5

Post by Mario Wolfram » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Well, another one complaining about it I suppose...

But the "solutions" given on the web site of adobe seem to be a joke to me!
Any other suggestions apart from manual kerning each position or buying
additional software??

Any help would be nice ..

Thanks in advance
Mario

--
COFFEE.CUP not found, SysOp halted!

inconsistent Text Spacing Prob in PS5

Post by Chris C » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Waiting for the bug fix release or using PS4 is about it....

Chris

Post by Darkho » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Well, another one complaining about it I suppose...

> But the "solutions" given on the web site of adobe seem to be a joke to me!
> Any other suggestions apart from manual kerning each position or buying
> additional software??

Does the font in question have consistent spacing elsewhere? I had a
similar problem, so I went into Word and tried using the same font at
around 36 points, and the spacing was off there too -- this is the main
problem with cheap fonts. I haven't done too much text in PS5 yet (I'm
still transitioning from 4.01) so I can't say for sure there's no bug
there or something, just that if you get your fonts on the cheap then
you're bound to run into this sooner or later. Yet another thing I had
to learn the hard way.

Yers,
John
http://www.darkhop.com/graphics1.htm