ww.t-designs.net

Post by Robert E. William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hey Dave! Your site looks really nice. One change that I think would
make it more effective is to fill the boxes: NEWS, ABOUT, LINKS, etc.,
with some image or text that relates to the title and contents of the
box.
Have fun on your Vacation ..................Bob Williams

> hey!

> i made my first real site.....; and i'd love to get some comment on it,...
> thanks a lot!!!!!

> I know the gallery doesn't work, if anybody wants to help, you're welcome!

> Have a look at the stuff in the news section 2 please :-)

> greetz,

> David Williamson
> www.t-designs.net

ww.t-designs.net

Post by David Willaimso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hey!

i made my first real site.....; and i'd love to get some comment on it,...
thanks a lot!!!!!

I know the gallery doesn't work, if anybody wants to help, you're welcome!

Have a look at the stuff in the news section 2 please :-)

greetz,

David Williamson
www.t-designs.net

ww.t-designs.net

Post by David Williamso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

thnx :-)

hm......... i would have to look for those pictures......; that's a great
idea btw :-)

gree
--
David Williamson

web: www.t-designs.nettz,

ww.t-designs.net

Post by [blue|shark » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:31:22 +0200, "David Willaimson"

>i made my first real site.....;

thumbs up, finally someone who can put colors together (and hit my
taste i mean :)

Matija // [blue|shark]

----

http://syntheticart.com/dss/

ww.t-designs.net

Post by Don Elli » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:31:22 +0200, "David Willaimson"

>hey!

>i made my first real site.....; and i'd love to get some comment on it,...
>thanks a lot!!!!!

>I know the gallery doesn't work, if anybody wants to help, you're welcome!

>Have a look at the stuff in the news section 2 please :-)

>greetz,

>David Williamson
>www.t-designs.net

1. Information in small, centered boxes is claustrophobic.
2. The information in the boxes can't scroll, so, depending on the
font size of the viewer, not all of the information is displayed.

Don

ww.t-designs.net

Post by zigg » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Did it for me too.........keep on keeping on!!

ziggy

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:31:22 +0200, "David Willaimson"

> >i made my first real site.....;

> thumbs up, finally someone who can put colors together (and hit my
> taste i mean :)

> Matija // [blue|shark]

> ----

> http://syntheticart.com/dss/

ww.t-designs.net

Post by David Williamso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

thnx a lot :-)
how can i solve the scrooling problem that it will only scroo; downwards and
not to the left and the right too.....; and if people don't have their IE
fontsize at average the text doesn't fit on can i prevent that with CSS or
stuff?

--
David Williamson

web: www.t-designs.net

> hey!

> i made my first real site.....; and i'd love to get some comment on it,...
> thanks a lot!!!!!

> I know the gallery doesn't work, if anybody wants to help, you're welcome!

> Have a look at the stuff in the news section 2 please :-)

> greetz,

> David Williamson
> www.t-designs.net

ww.t-designs.net

Post by Tone Marie Ber » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:47:09 +0200, "David Williamson"

> thnx a lot :-)
> how can i solve the scrooling problem that it will only scroo; downwards and
> not to the left and the right too.....;

You can't.

Quote:> and if people don't have their IE
> fontsize at average the text doesn't fit on can i prevent that with CSS or
> stuff?

You can -- IF the user's browser won't allow them to override it. In
any case you shouldn't mess with the base font size. Not everyone has
a huge monitor, tiny resolution and/or great eye-sight.

--
Tone Marie Berg

     "I'm your life and religion, your faith and your hope
      Your drug and your *ion, your injection of dope."

ww.t-designs.net

Post by Tupolev » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> > and if people don't have their IE
> > fontsize at average the text doesn't fit on can i prevent that with CSS or
> > stuff?

> You can -- IF the user's browser won't allow them to override it. In
> any case you shouldn't mess with the base font size. Not everyone has
> a huge monitor, tiny resolution and/or great eye-sight.

How btw ?

ww.t-designs.net

Post by edjh » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Nice, but your splash screen seems to imply that all those with
small monitors, and all Mac users should get lost. Ditto
Netscape users. Since a large portion of the graphics community
uses Mac I can't see excluding them.  There's no reason your
site can't be made to work on a wide variety of browsers, screen
resolutions, etc.

If you have nothing better to do...
http://www.geocities.com/skullbones.geo/

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

ww.t-designs.net

Post by Tone Marie Ber » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000 22:15:43 +0100, "--==\( Tupolev \)==--"

> > > and if people don't have their IE
> > > fontsize at average the text doesn't fit on can i prevent that with CSS or
> > > stuff?

> > You can -- IF the user's browser won't allow them to override it. In
> > any case you shouldn't mess with the base font size. Not everyone has
> > a huge monitor, tiny resolution and/or great eye-sight.

> How btw ?

How what?

How you override a site's font settings? In Opera, all I have to do is
to press ctrl + G, in IE you can specify a custom style sheet, in
Netscape you can ignore font settings on a web page. There are several
possibilities.

How to not mess with the base font size? Just don't set a new one!

--
Tone Marie Berg

     "I'm your life and religion, your faith and your hope
      Your drug and your *ion, your injection of dope."

1. HELP ww/ Quark 4.1

For some reason, the built-in keyboard shortcut Shift > F9 (next font)
closes my Measurements Palette. Hitting Option>Shift>F9 produces
nothing either. This all seemed to start after I upgraded from OS 9 to
9.2.

I checked the Keyboard Control Panal to make sure the OS keyboard
shortcuts aren't overriding Quark's; I trashed Quark's prefs; I even
re-installed Quark - all to no avail.

I am using Suitcase 10, but this was going on before I installed it. As
this is one of my favorite (& most productive) keyboard shortcuts, I
would like to get it working. If anyone could help, I'd really
appreciate it.

Please respond directly via email, as I don't get around to this
newsgroup too often. Thanks.

Tony

2. Recommendation on Program for GIFs

3. OpenGL in WW II Fighters

4. Motion mixer bugs

5. R8 ww shipping is planned for October 30th, 2002 ;-)

6. Upgrade now or later?

7. Announcing probably the most affordable web design firm on the Net today

8. design job postings on the 'net?

9. LW6 and Stealth NEt or Screamer Net

10. NET-ANIMATION-NET-ANIMATION-NET-ANIMATION

11. DX VB.NET Vs DX VC++.NET

12. graphic design services, professional web design