Selections -> Layers

Post by tb » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:31:47

I have multiple selections on a single layer image.  Is there a way I can
convert each of my selections to a separate layer?  thanks

Selections -> Layers

Post by Kingdo » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:27:32

Quote:> I have multiple selections on a single layer image.  Is there a way I
> can convert each of my selections to a separate layer?  thanks

Copy - new layer - paste

--
f=Ma well, nearly...

Selections -> Layers

Post by Johan W. Elzen » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:55:45

> > I have multiple selections on a single layer image.  Is there a way I
> > can convert each of my selections to a separate layer?  thanks

> Copy - new layer - paste

No, just Copy - Paste. Photoshop will create that new layer
automatically. Or even simpler: CNTR-J (Command-J on a Mac)

--
Johan W. Elzenga            johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer      http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Selections -> Layers

Post by edjh » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:00:55

>>I have multiple selections on a single layer image.  Is there a way I
>>can convert each of my selections to a separate layer?  thanks

> Copy - new layer - paste

If you do that the selected pixels will no longer be in their original
position, Use Ctrl-J, Layer via copy on each selection..

--
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Selections -> Layers

Post by tb » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:47:15

>>>I have multiple selections on a single layer image.  Is there a way I
>>>can convert each of my selections to a separate layer?  thanks

>> Copy - new layer - paste

> If you do that the selected pixels will no longer be in their original
> position, Use Ctrl-J, Layer via copy on each selection..

> --

I tried Ctrl-J, but it just created a single new layer with all my
selections on it.  Maybe I should've been clearer in the first post: I want
X-number of selections to become X-number new layers, so each selection is
on an individual layer.  Can this be done quickly/easily?

Selections -> Layers

Post by Johan W. Elzen » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:11:19

> I tried Ctrl-J, but it just created a single new layer with all my
> selections on it.  Maybe I should've been clearer in the first post: I want
> X-number of selections to become X-number new layers, so each selection is
> on an individual layer.  Can this be done quickly/easily?

You do not have 'x number of selections', you have ONE selection that
happens to be discontinuous. So the answer is 'no'.

You have to make the selections one by one and then use CTRL-J one by
one. The only alternative would be CTRL-J; make x copies of that layer
and then delete the 'other selections' layer by layer.

--
Johan W. Elzenga            johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer      http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Selections -> Layers

Post by edjh » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:03:36

/snip/

Use Ctrl-J, Layer via copy on each selection..

Quote:

> I tried Ctrl-J, but it just created a single new layer with all my
> selections on it.  Maybe I should've been clearer in the first post: I want
> X-number of selections to become X-number new layers, so each selection is
> on an individual layer.  Can this be done quickly/easily?

Like I said (John too), each selection,

--
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Selections -> Layers

Post by tb » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:14:51

Quote:> /snip/

> Use Ctrl-J, Layer via copy on each selection..

>> I tried Ctrl-J, but it just created a single new layer with all my
>> selections on it.  Maybe I should've been clearer in the first post: I
>> want X-number of selections to become X-number new layers, so each
>> selection is on an individual layer.  Can this be done quickly/easily?
> Like I said (John too), each selection,

> --

Okay thanks for the replies everyone.

1. Layer comp / selection from multiple layers

Hi, folks:

I'd like to ask for some advice:  I'm using Photoshop CE.  I have some
work consisting of about 10 layers.  I want to select a particular
shape that is composed on several layers - parts of it are on one
layer, parts on another, etc.  Fortunately, it is all nearly the same
hue.

I tried to read up on Comp layers, but the manual and help seemed to
be a little terse.  Can I create a Comp layer and then select the
shape from it?  Or is there a better approach?  (For now, I saved the
image under another name, flattened it, and made the selectio.)

TIA,

Fred

2. Fills and line ?

3. Layers <>adjustment layers

4. How to print an eps file on a Mac

5. No Layer->Adjust->Levels found

6. Help: I cannot get my Plugins/Filters to appear (Eyecandy, etc)

8. Vancouver Film school

9. selection promote to layer

10. Stupid question: Resizing a selection or layer?

11. Can't resize images made from selections without resizing all layers

12. Tutorials for Selection & Layers in PSP 7