HELP: Need help with Logo color

Post by Nick Medra » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
 I've recently talked to Warner Bros. and they said it was okay for me to take
their image and use it on my own unofficial website dedicated to Tom Hank's new
movie, The Green Mile. I was wondering if there was anyone on this board who
knew how to take the image from the following URL:
http://www.thegreenmile.com/img/logo.gif  and make it transparent so I can use
it on my own background? I especially need the lettering 'The Green Mile' and
the two men in the middle. Anyone know how I can make that logo transparent? If
not, does anyone know how I can duplicate it starting from scratch with
Photoshop to specifically be a transparent image that would lay over my other
image montage? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Nick Medrano-

MINORITY REPORT-A Steven Spielberg/Tom Cruise film. Check out the site for late
breaking news, production notes, scoops, characters, bios, forum, and more! Go
here: http://minorityreport.8m.com

HELP: Need help with Logo color

Post by Geoff Jackso » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

The GIF that you mention has already got a transparent background.  To make
the logo transparent, put it on a layer on top of your montage and change
the
layer transparency.

To capture the image, right click on it then click "save image as.." or
whatever your browser says, then save it to your hard drive.  You will have
to change it to RGB before putting it on your montage.

Hope this helps,

--
Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.

http://members.tripod.com/Geoff_Jackson/

Quote:> Hi,
>  I've recently talked to Warner Bros. and they said it was okay for me to
take
> their image and use it on my own unofficial website dedicated to Tom
Hank's new
> movie, The Green Mile. I was wondering if there was anyone on this board
who
> knew how to take the image from the following URL:
> http://www.thegreenmile.com/img/logo.gif  and make it transparent so I can
use
> it on my own background? I especially need the lettering 'The Green Mile'
and
> the two men in the middle. Anyone know how I can make that logo
transparent? If
> not, does anyone know how I can duplicate it starting from scratch with
> Photoshop to specifically be a transparent image that would lay over my
other
> image montage? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

> Nick Medrano-

> MINORITY REPORT-A Steven Spielberg/Tom Cruise film. Check out the site for
late
> breaking news, production notes, scoops, characters, bios, forum, and
more! Go
> here: http://minorityreport.8m.com

1. HELP: Web Forum Logo Help Needed

Hey

Hopeing someone with Photoshop experience could do up a logo for my web
forum that is being configured as we speak.

It is a Home Theater forum and the temporary URL is
http://sap.thecrazed.com.  This will give an idea of the colour scheme,
basically just a nice header that would fit this scheme.

Would GREATLY appreciate anybody's help they can lend.

Thanks in advance.

2. 3D PROGRAMMER needed

3. Scan and seperate two color logo - help

4. OT: Free Magazine Sample

5. Need Help: color->color

6. Newtek E-Mail?

7. I need help selecting a color in indexed color mode

8. My printer doesn't print...

9. NEED HELP, HELP, HELP , HELP

10. Need Help - Decrease BMP color depth to 256 color

11. I need help with a logo /chip art

12. Help needed with logo ...

13. Need help with logo