freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Luis ORTEG » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:23:21

I would greatly appreciate any advice from users of Freehand 10 and
Illustrator 10 as to which of these two products they think is better. I
need to buy one of them soon.
Thank you all very much ahead of time.
Luis

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Adam » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:31:28

Buy? Just download them both off Morpheus. I got both and PSP. All full
versions off Morpheus.

-Adam

Quote:> I would greatly appreciate any advice from users of Freehand 10 and
> Illustrator 10 as to which of these two products they think is better. I
> need to buy one of them soon.
> Thank you all very much ahead of time.
> Luis

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Apach » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:39:29

I'm wondering where Adobe and Macromedia would get the money to pay the
people who're building those products if we would stop *buying* software.

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by MALdit » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:37:13

why only freehand and illustrator??

i use corel draw, which is more user friendly that those two...

consider it, if you're not that big time, experienced designer..

by the way, the only reason i use warez is because otherwise i wouldnt be
able to use the programs at all . . poor country, poor guy . .. no money

Quote:

> I'm wondering where Adobe and Macromedia would get the money to pay the
> people who're building those products if we would stop *buying* software.

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Luis ORTEG » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 01:58:06

i struggled with corel draw from version 3 through 6 and finally gave up in
disgust. it has a micky mouse feel and its photopaint module was the most
glitchy unstable software i have ever used. once i discovered photoshop
(back at version 3) i dumped corel paint and have never looked back. no way
would i waste another penny on corel draw.

> why only freehand and illustrator??

> i use corel draw, which is more user friendly that those two...

> consider it, if you're not that big time, experienced designer..

> by the way, the only reason i use warez is because otherwise i wouldnt be
> able to use the programs at all . . poor country, poor guy . .. no money

> > I'm wondering where Adobe and Macromedia would get the money to pay the
> > people who're building those products if we would stop *buying*
software.

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by GSp » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 02:17:39

They are both comparable professional packages, each has some special
features and to judge one above the other in a vacuum is a difficult task.

Quote:> I would greatly appreciate any advice from users of Freehand 10 and
> Illustrator 10 as to which of these two products they think is better. I
> need to buy one of them soon.
> Thank you all very much ahead of time.
> Luis

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Jane Krate Dud » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 04:28:27

If you like the Adobe interface, you will probably like AI. It has a similar
feel and integrates well with PS.

I use AI9, like it and didn't like (older versions of) Freehand. Perhaps FH10
is a big improvement...

my 2.

Jane

> i struggled with corel draw from version 3 through 6 and finally gave up in
> disgust. it has a micky mouse feel and its photopaint module was the most
> glitchy unstable software i have ever used. once i discovered photoshop
> (back at version 3) i dumped corel paint and have never looked back. no way
> would i waste another penny on corel draw.

> > why only freehand and illustrator??

> > i use corel draw, which is more user friendly that those two...

> > consider it, if you're not that big time, experienced designer..

> > by the way, the only reason i use warez is because otherwise i wouldnt be
> > able to use the programs at all . . poor country, poor guy . .. no money

> > > I'm wondering where Adobe and Macromedia would get the money to pay the
> > > people who're building those products if we would stop *buying*
> software.

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by MALdit » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 04:39:54

Broder, todo mundo sabe que los programas cambian de una version a otra,
ejemplo: ps5 -> ps6

MUCHA diferencia...

he usado CDraw 8, 9 y 10, y definitivamente, CD10 es el mejor... photopaint,
NUNCA lo he tocado, para que? photoshop es el mejor . .

yo que soy webmaster dise?o con esto:

PS6 - CD10 - DW4 (Adobe, Corel y Macromedia). No hay nada de malo con
mezclar...

> i struggled with corel draw from version 3 through 6 and finally gave up
in
> disgust. it has a micky mouse feel and its photopaint module was the most
> glitchy unstable software i have ever used. once i discovered photoshop
> (back at version 3) i dumped corel paint and have never looked back. no
way
> would i waste another penny on corel draw.

> > why only freehand and illustrator??

> > i use corel draw, which is more user friendly that those two...

> > consider it, if you're not that big time, experienced designer..

> > by the way, the only reason i use warez is because otherwise i wouldnt
be
> > able to use the programs at all . . poor country, poor guy . .. no money

> > > I'm wondering where Adobe and Macromedia would get the money to pay
the
> > > people who're building those products if we would stop *buying*
> software.

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by MSD » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 05:36:38

If you use other Adobe products
you may like Illus. because of the seamless integration
.
They both do what they are intended to do.

Freehand does have a bit of exporting and outputting problems.

> They are both comparable professional packages, each has some special
> features and to judge one above the other in a vacuum is a difficult task.

>> I would greatly appreciate any advice from users of Freehand 10 and
>> Illustrator 10 as to which of these two products they think is better. I
>> need to buy one of them soon.
>> Thank you all very much ahead of time.
>> Luis

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Fred Athear » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:44:05

Quote:>Buy? Just download them both off Morpheus. I got both and PSP.

But you forgot to post the serial numbers.

Fred Athearn

freehand 10 vs illustrator 10

Post by Luis ORTEG » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 04:05:30

i was considering which upgrade to get recently between freehand 10 and
illustrator 10. i have illustrator 7 and freehand 7. i upgraded to freehand
9 last year but i was never truly happy with the myriad little menu buttons
and weird palettes i had to wade through. i went to a show that was showing
how nifty freehand 10 is with symbols and special magnifying options and
called an upgrade store to order it. they were out of stock so i decided to
wait. in the meantime i installed a trial version of freehand 10 and i found
it almost impossible to navigate. so i decide to get illustrator 10 instead.
now, i can't say if the program has bugs or other difficulties yet, but
based on just using the interface, it is infinitely easier to come to grips
with, and so far i am very glad i got illustrator instead of sticking with
freehand.
thanks for all of the advice from people who responded.

Quote:> I would greatly appreciate any advice from users of Freehand 10 and
> Illustrator 10 as to which of these two products they think is better. I
> need to buy one of them soon.
> Thank you all very much ahead of time.
> Luis

1. Illustrator 10 or Freehand 10

I am looking for a package to update floor plans (images of floors
within buildings showing tenants and vacant units).  I need something
that is going to update the colour when I change the text applied to a
certain "unit".  We have been told that Illustrator does this, however
I wondered if anyone has any information or advice as to which would
be the best.  I will also be using it to create graphics for use with
Dreamweaver documents.

Thanks

2. ANN: A.I. and Arts website

3. Illustrator 10/X vs export to TIFF

4. TonerTuner & QuarkXPress3.2

5. illustrator 10 vs dual p3

6. BMRT 2.3.5 libribout compile error...help

7. QuickTake 150 vs Casio QV-10 vs ?

8. enlarge using lizard software, which one?

9. vend 10*octanes , 10 indigo (ecran dispo)

10. - Major automotive website (Posted 23/10/2000 13:23:10.690)

11. unable to read the file [2500:10:10]

12. Inkjet printing and Freehand 10

13. Freehand 10