WIN:Outline remains after paste layer

Post by John Ro » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm using photoshop 3.0.4 in win95. If I paste a selection into another photo
as a layer, then load selection and move it around, an outline about 1 pixel
wide is left at the original site. This outline can't be eliminated (far as I
know). If I just paste the selection, I can move it around without the
appearance of this "outline"; but I want it as a layer.

I know I have seen a similar question asked but never got the answer.

Thanks,
John Roth

:
: I know I have seen a similar question asked but never got the answer.
:
Your problem is that the selection is anti-ailiased. That's okay you
probably want it anti-aliased... try not loading the selection (you don't
need to if you have it on a layer... use the move tool & move the whole
layer.

There are a few ways around it, too. De-select the anti-ailiased checkbox
in the selection tool options, or use the select -> modify -> expand, to
grow the selection to include the border, usually 2 or 3 pixels.

Michael

1. LAYER MASK REMAINS AFTER OBJECT PASTED IN PS4?

HOW CAN THE LAYER MASK REMAINS AFTER OBJECT PASTED IN PS4. THE MASK IS
AUTO-APPLY AND IRREVERSABLE.
IN PS3.X THE EXISTING MASK CAN BE RETAINNED.
PLS KINDLY ADVISE!!!!!--
yours sincerely,

LO Circle Kai Yuen

MOBILE: 90709564;  PAGER: 71168929-3232
TEL: (852) 27827879;  FAX: (852) 23885838
TEL: (852) 28934555;  FAX: (852) 28933968

2. Having a PowerPoint problem? I can help for free

3. WIN:Paste Layer Problem

4. Township and Range

5. Layer masks and pasting onto layers

6. Need some info about TIFF-F files

7. Time remaining under Win 98...

8. Microscribe digitizer - Good or bad?

9. Cut and paste selection OUTLINE??

10. PSP6 paste with no blured outline

11. how to turn off selected layer outline?

12. outline of layers

13. Pasting as new layer