Batch Processing of PDF files to JPG

Post by Equato » Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:58:11

i'm having this aweful issue of PFG to JPG conversions

Now the files are in pdf format and their sizes are quite large, round
15000px height maybe

I only want my jpg files to be 700px high, for this once my pdf files
have been opened in photoshop, i created an action for this, that part
is ok

I tried batch conversion, using actions as well, but it's still not
that automatic because the pdf window still pops up every time a new
pdf is being opened on photoshop asking me for how high i want my pdf
file. so if i have 600 pdfs (i do!) it's 600 times i have to type in
700 px in the height box.

Plus the pdf files have been partitioned into folders and subfolders,
the actions also have a problem: they don't save it in the same folder
as from where i opened them.

is there any way out of this ?

Batch Processing of PDF files to JPG

Post by Equato » Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:01:53

Quote:> i'm having this aweful issue of PFG to JPG conversions

> Now the files are in pdf format and their sizes are quite large, round
> 15000px height maybe

> I only want my jpg files to be 700px high, for this once my pdf files
> have been opened in photoshop, i created an action for this, that part
> is ok

> I tried batch conversion, using actions as well, but it's still not
> that automatic because the pdf window still pops up every time a new
> pdf is being opened on photoshop asking me for how high i want my pdf
> file. so if i have 600 pdfs (i do!) it's 600 times i have to type in
> 700 px in the height box.

> Plus the pdf files have been partitioned into folders and subfolders,
> the actions also have a problem: they don't save it in the same folder
> as from where i opened them.

> is there any way out of this ?

someone told me to automate batch but it's not really the solution to
take because of the following solution:
But it doesn't apply for pdf files does it ?

And opening the pdf from its original size takes like 5 - 7 minutes

(sized round height 15000px)

there's like 600 large pdfs to convert !

I was looking for a way in the batch processing (or some other way) to
initially open the pdf file in 700px for instance and, the batch
processing flattens the jpg, saves it, and closes the file afterwards

Cos there's the thumbnailing that come afterwards

Post by Equato » Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:24:10

> > i'm having this aweful issue of PFG to JPG conversions

> > Now the files are in pdf format and their sizes are quite large, round
> > 15000px height maybe

> > I only want my jpg files to be 700px high, for this once my pdf files
> > have been opened in photoshop, i created an action for this, that part
> > is ok

> > I tried batch conversion, using actions as well, but it's still not
> > that automatic because the pdf window still pops up every time a new
> > pdf is being opened on photoshop asking me for how high i want my pdf
> > file. so if i have 600 pdfs (i do!) it's 600 times i have to type in
> > 700 px in the height box.

> > Plus the pdf files have been partitioned into folders and subfolders,
> > the actions also have a problem: they don't save it in the same folder
> > as from where i opened them.

> > is there any way out of this ?

> someone told me to automate batch but it's not really the solution to
> take because of the following solution:
> But it doesn't apply for pdf files does it ?

> And opening the pdf from its original size takes like 5 - 7 minutes

> (sized round height 15000px)

> there's like 600 large pdfs to convert !

> I was looking for a way in the batch processing (or some other way) to
> initially open the pdf file in 700px for instance and, the batch
> processing flattens the jpg, saves it, and closes the file afterwards

> Cos there's the thumbnailing that come afterwards

All Right
I was being asked to open the files in acrobat and export them in jpeg
formats (file > export > jpg, with options etc...)
Pretty Good Solution that was
Now those were pdf files containing images, not pdfs
So when I opened my pdfs, found out they were opening up in separate
windows, which is normal
So I combined them, since the export function would only apply for one
image, which would imply I would have to export 600 times !
The export worked marvellously, with jpg export functions asking me
lots of lovely things, ah yeah

except that the file names were overwritten :( i.e. Test Page 1, Test
Page 2 Test Page 3

no cant do sir

any other way ?

A friend of mine at work mentioned that applying an action to open up
the pdf files (they are on high resolutions, so they take time to open
up), then continuing the other parts of the image processing (ie
flatten image - eliminates the transparent parts of the vector image,
set image height to 700px, save, close) would be a piece of cake..

All that is perfect except that i cannot find a way, in my actions on
photoshop, to suppress that window on opening pdf..

Post by Equato » Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:56:25

> > i'm having this aweful issue of PFG to JPG conversions

> > Now the files are in pdf format and their sizes are quite large, round
> > 15000px height maybe

> > I only want my jpg files to be 700px high, for this once my pdf files
> > have been opened in photoshop, i created an action for this, that part
> > is ok

> > I tried batch conversion, using actions as well, but it's still not
> > that automatic because the pdf window still pops up every time a new
> > pdf is being opened on photoshop asking me for how high i want my pdf
> > file. so if i have 600 pdfs (i do!) it's 600 times i have to type in
> > 700 px in the height box.

> > Plus the pdf files have been partitioned into folders and subfolders,
> > the actions also have a problem: they don't save it in the same folder
> > as from where i opened them.

> > is there any way out of this ?

> someone told me to automate batch but it's not really the solution to
> take because of the following solution:
> But it doesn't apply for pdf files does it ?

> And opening the pdf from its original size takes like 5 - 7 minutes

> (sized round height 15000px)

> there's like 600 large pdfs to convert !

> I was looking for a way in the batch processing (or some other way) to
> initially open the pdf file in 700px for instance and, the batch
> processing flattens the jpg, saves it, and closes the file afterwards

> Cos there's the thumbnailing that come afterwards

All Right, Pretty Good Solution that was, to open up acrobat Pro,
export images > jpg

Post by Equato » Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:38:11

> > > i'm having this aweful issue of PFG to JPG conversions

> > > Now the files are in pdf format and their sizes are quite large, round
> > > 15000px height maybe

> > > I only want my jpg files to be 700px high, for this once my pdf files
> > > have been opened in photoshop, i created an action for this, that part
> > > is ok

> > > I tried batch conversion, using actions as well, but it's still not
> > > that automatic because the pdf window still pops up every time a new
> > > pdf is being opened on photoshop asking me for how high i want my pdf
> > > file. so if i have 600 pdfs (i do!) it's 600 times i have to type in
> > > 700 px in the height box.

> > > Plus the pdf files have been partitioned into folders and subfolders,
> > > the actions also have a problem: they don't save it in the same folder
> > > as from where i opened them.

> > > is there any way out of this ?

> > someone told me to automate batch but it's not really the solution to
> > take because of the following solution:
> > But it doesn't apply for pdf files does it ?

> > And opening the pdf from its original size takes like 5 - 7 minutes

> > (sized round height 15000px)

> > there's like 600 large pdfs to convert !

> > I was looking for a way in the batch processing (or some other way) to
> > initially open the pdf file in 700px for instance and, the batch
> > processing flattens the jpg, saves it, and closes the file afterwards

> > Cos there's the thumbnailing that come afterwards

> All Right, Pretty Good Solution that was, to open up acrobat Pro,
> export images > jpg

> Now those were pdf files containing images, not pdfs. So when I opened
> my pdfs, found out they were opening up in separate windows, which is
> normal.

> So I combined them, since the export function would only apply for one
> image, which would imply I would have to export 600 times !

> The export worked marvellously, with jpg export functions asking me
> lots of lovely things, ah yeah

> except that the file names were overwritten :( i.e. Test Page 1, Test
> Page 2 Test Page 3

> no cant do sir

> any other way ?

> A friend of mine at work mentioned that applying an action to open up
> the pdf files (they are on high resolutions, so they take time to open
> up), then continuing the other parts of the image processing (ie
> flatten image - eliminates the transparent parts of the vector image,
> set image height to 700px, save, close) would be a piece of cake..

> All that is perfect except that i cannot find a way, in my actions on
> photoshop, to suppress that window on opening pdf..

ive also placed more info and posted a thread on google groups (it
takes time for response here ! ) quite a bunch of powerful replies but
still not the final positive one

groups.google.com/group/alt.graphics.photoshop/browse_thread/thread/
e68554988e1a01a9#

there were mentions of merging the pdf files all into one and creating
the jpg conversion but the problem lies in the files renamings

i have the impression that it's a bug in photoshop, right ?
maybe im wrong now

1. PDF's on Mac - batch processing

My school once had a setup *thanks to the Xerox Corp.* that allowed for a
scanner to batch process *autofeed* documents and convert them to PDF.

The scanner was a Xerox copier/scanner/fax - I can't remember the model
#.  I must also point out that it was intergrated with a PC and not a Mac.

My question is whether I can create the same type of set-up using a Macintosh.

What hardware would I need and is the software available to batch process PDF's?

Hope to hear from some of you.

Raul Chagoyan

2. New images and new winamp skins

3. batch processing tiff->jpg

4. plugin to export DHTML ???

5. PSD to JPG batch process ?

6. Font Examples

7. Batch processing RAW to JPG possible in CS?

8. two pictures - side by side?

9. JPG batch processing??

10. PSP X2 Crashing On File Open Or File Batch Process

11. Batch processing PS 3.0 files to other formats?

12. Graphic Converter Batch Processing File Sizes

13. batch process to specific file size