Histogram questions

Post by itshist.. » Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:46:30

After adding and editing an adjustment layer to a background layer, is
there a way to bring up a Histogram that reflects the changes? Without
flattening first, of course.

Is there a way to keep a Histogram window open all the time so that it
can dynamically reflect each edit?

It seems like the Histogram is "reset" after each edit. For example,
editing in Level can change a Histogram from a smooth bell shaped curve
to one with gaps and spikes. After Level is closed and a new Level is
opened, the Histogram will show an updated curve, but without the gaps
and spikes. If a Histogram is supposed to show the data degradation (or
distribution) from editing, shouldn't it show the degradation (or
distribution) in an accumulative way after multiple edits, i.e. gaps and
spikes getting worse (or better)?

Histogram questions

Post by Robert Feinma » Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:42:36

Quote:> After adding and editing an adjustment layer to a background layer, is
> there a way to bring up a Histogram that reflects the changes? Without
> flattening first, of course.

> Is there a way to keep a Histogram window open all the time so that it
> can dynamically reflect each edit?

Photoshop CS has a separate histogram tool that you can keep open.
Earlier versions do not.
--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com

1. OpenGL Convolution & Histograms question

I've got a quick question concerning the convolution & histogram
extensions under the SGI implementation of OpenGL.  I'm using RE3
hardware under IRIX 6.2.  The routines don't seem much faster (if at
all) than the pure CPU counterparts that I coded up.  Does anyone know
if these two extensions actually use the graphics hardware or are they
implemented using the CPU instead.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,
   Loren Knutson

2. web artist listing

3. Histogram Question

4. rotate polgon about it's center in orthographic projection?

5. PSP 6.0 Histogram question

6. SDK

7. Histogram question

8. Text-To-Speech? I want to use it in VB!

9. Scanner/Histogram Question

10. HISTOGRAM Question

11. histogram question

12. OpenGL Convolution & Histograms question