Contract selection after doing Select All problem

Contract selection after doing Select All problem

Post by kstef.. » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:59:34

Hi NG

Regarding Photoshop SC:
I was wondering why you can't contract a selection after you have
SELECTED ALL.

It's obvious that I can't Expand my selection but I would say that not
being able to Contract is a bug - any one have an explanation for this?

-Kevin

Contract selection after doing Select All problem

Post by jjs » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:38:22

Quote:> Regarding Photoshop SC:
> I was wondering why you can't contract a selection after you have
> SELECTED ALL.

A work-around is to use Select-Modify-Border with 1 pixel checked. Then you
can use any of the other modification options.

Contract selection after doing Select All problem

Post by bogu » Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:48:26

That has puzzeled me also. here is another workaround:

add a new layer

select all and fill with color

use Image/Frame size and add some pixels on all sides

select the color in the added layer

use Modify command

reduce the frame size back to original

Post by edjh » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:40:23

> Hi NG

> Regarding Photoshop SC:
> I was wondering why you can't contract a selection after you have
> SELECTED ALL.

> It's obvious that I can't Expand my selection but I would say that not
> being able to Contract is a bug - any one have an explanation for this?

> -Kevin

Use Select>Transform Selection. If you click the chain link between W
and H in the Options Bar you can contract by one pixel increments all
around with a down arrow click or ten pixels with Shift-arrow. Or you
can input numbers in the fields.

--
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Post by Bria » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:26:42

>> Hi NG

>> Regarding Photoshop SC:
>> I was wondering why you can't contract a selection after you have
>> SELECTED ALL.

>> It's obvious that I can't Expand my selection but I would say that not
>> being able to Contract is a bug - any one have an explanation for this?

>> -Kevin

> Use Select>Transform Selection. If you click the chain link between W
> and H in the Options Bar you can contract by one pixel increments all
> around with a down arrow click or ten pixels with Shift-arrow. Or you
> can input numbers in the fields.

To contract a selection following SELECT ALL, you can simply click on
SELECT > MODIFY > BORDER. Type in a number of pixels and the selection
contracts by that amount on each side. Once you have done that, if you
decide you entered the wrong amount, you will find the CONTRACT menu
item is now enabled, so use that to adjust further, if needed.

Brian.

Brian.

1. Unable to contract selection after Select All

Hello!

I am using Photoshop 4.01, and I have one question:
After making a selection with "Select All", or otherwise making a
selection that covers all of the image, the "contract" option in the
select/modify menu  is disabled. Is there any logical reason for this?

Best Regards,
Mats Petersson

2. question 'bout Boolean-ing Splines ??

3. Anyone doing any contract IT work?

4. GREAT WEB LINKS

5. Anyone doing contract IT work in 3D?

6. Graphic Cards

7. Anyone doing contract IT work?

8. Press release for PNG?

9. Contracting selection of a circle

10. Contract full canvas selections (action)

11. Contract/Expand Selection [2d]

12. Selection - done on server or client?

13. Re Selecting Type and Multiple Selections - How To?