TFT monitor

Post by Peter Kelle » Sun, 07 Mar 2004 14:48:30

I am about to have to exchange my monitor.
What is exactly the reason that TFT monitors are not the ideal choice
for working with photo msnsgement (Adobe photoshop)?
I have latelt seen a professional screen by LACIE and it looked really
good to me, but I can not oversee the disadvantages.
Thanks for any given advice, - Peter -

TFT monitor

Post by Douglas MacDonal » Sun, 07 Mar 2004 15:39:22

I dumped a Cornerstone 21" monitor for a TFT Phillips and haven't looked
back.
I don't have to warry about drifting colour or one day get back a bunch of
prints that are so off as to be useless because the monitor took a shift
when the power supply droped 5 volts for a day.
Sony and Hitachi have stopped making CRT monitors. These were the top Jap
monitors so what does that tell you?
Douglas

Quote:> I am about to have to exchange my monitor.

Post by Mark Herrin » Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:51:08

Quote:>I am about to have to exchange my monitor.
>What is exactly the reason that TFT monitors are not the ideal choice
>for working with photo msnsgement (Adobe photoshop)?
>I have latelt seen a professional screen by LACIE and it looked really
>good to me, but I can not oversee the disadvantages.
>Thanks for any given advice, - Peter -

Older flat panels have significant color change with angle and are
disastrous for picture editing.

I think that there is a big difference between LCD, TFT, and ??.

Bottom line:  If it works, its OK---look at some monitors in stores
and judge for yourself.

I just got a Dell 20" in the office---I dont know if it is TFT, but it
looks like it might be very good for Photoshop.
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

1. Formac SGI TFT Monitor - Web Question

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying the SGI Flat panel monitor from Formac (
http://www.formac.co.uk/prosgi.htm ) for use with a G4, however I have a
question concerning screen resolutions.

With my 17" CRT monitor I create graphics for my web pages at 72dpi, and
they look ok across different platforms,  72 pixels=1 inch.
However in the spec sheet for the SGI monitor it says that the screen
dot pitch is 110 dpi.

Does this mean that if I create web images using the SGI monitor at 72
dpi, the images will look smaller? , and does this mean that web pages
over all will look smaller on the SGI compared with a CRT monitor?

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Simon

Remove the fox from quorndon when replying by email, thankyou.

2. Looking for books with ANIMATION-TECHNIQUES

3. OT - LCD &TFT monitors for graphics?

4. How long does Lightwave special price last?

5. Dell FP2000 TFT Monitor opinions ?

6. plot title question

7. Request Model ---> TFT Monitor and Desk ... please :-)

8. PBM/laserjet

9. Color difference between Monitor and TFT displays

10. (OT) TFT displays

11. aplle 15" tft Display