German 3D book - have a look at modeling and texturing a knubbly dude in 3D

German 3D book - have a look at modeling and texturing a knubbly dude in 3D

Post by Maximilian Schoenher » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:24:27

(in english first)

hi ,

one thing i certainly don't have in mind: to lure anybody away from
their beloved tool. but let me invite you to take a look at the sample
chapter of my new book "Maya 4 Sketches" which i just put online. Maya
is one of the leading 3D programs (which, btw, will run on macs under OS
X by the end of september). the chapter covers modeling a little thin
man and texturing it with a displacement map - all done within 8 pages.
the chapter is not special in the context of the whole book, it's just
one of 30 mini-tutorials. the pdf-file is only 190 k small.

i'll translate my webpage into english as soon as the book is released
by peachpit press, berkeley, later this year. enjoy!

----max

                     www.aquinofilm.de/maya

(und jetzt in deutsch)

hallo,

lust auf 3D? lust, mal ein probekapitel aus meinem neuen buch "Maya 4
Sketches", das vor zwei Wochen bei addison-wesley erschienen ist,
anzusehen? in dem nur 190 k kleinen, 8-seitigen pdf-file geht es um die
modellierung eines kleinen dnnen "knubbelm?nnchens" und die
texturierung mit displacement maps. in diesem kapitel wird ausnahmsweise
mal nicht animiert, sondern nur gebaut und texturiert. ansonsten ist es
kein "besonderes" kapitel, sondern einfach eine von 30 fingerbungen in
3D.

achso, die software: Maya ist eins der fhrenden 3D-programme auf dem
markt und erscheint noch im september in einer optisch sehr gelungenen
umsetzung auf Mac OS X.

viel spa? damit,

----max

                     www.aquinofilm.de/maya

1. looking for Mac 3D dudes

I use Swivel,StrataStdioPRO,Infinti-D ... I need Humaniod/Robots/SciFi models... any kool models that hint at VirtualRealty you get the idea? I've got lots of models forI use Swivel,StrataStdioPRO,Infinti-D ... I need Humaniod/Robots/SciFi models... any kool models
that hint at VirtualRealty you get the idea? I've
 got lots of models for the Infiti-D/Swivel Platforms
 and my Model collection is still builting.. Also
Also looking for the FuseFOnt COllections 6-10
...C=64 Emulated Games and Apple][e (STM) games
 BTW.. the swivel models can be imported into
either Infiti/strata..>looking forward to hearing
from you!!

Please E-me
Amul Patel     "Most Artists just transfer Good Taste and high
                  Standards... Most Great Artists that is."

2. WTB: PB520 Active Matrix Color Display Upgrade M3063LL/A

3. looking for 3d modeling with max book

4. FS:CDs

5. 3D Programming books (formerly Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books)

6. ANN: two new tutorials added

7. Looking for advice on courses in 3D in the UK - The LightWave 3D Book

8. IrisGL - writeRGB

9. 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D

10. 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D