How to make multi-colored GIFS transparent??

How to make multi-colored GIFS transparent??

Post by Suvrit Varshn » Sat, 25 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello, I still don't quite understand the concept of a transparent GIF
file especially when it is applied to a multi-colored GIF file, with all
kinds of colors. Would anyone care to explain (please email me) how this
works and how one can select the optimum transparent modes for WEB use?
Thanks much!!

-Suvrit

How to make multi-colored GIFS transparent??

Post by John F. Bousqu » Mon, 27 Nov 1995 04:00:00

The point of a transparent gif is to make the background disappear.
Otherwise yor gif will be surrounded by a white or colored box.  You must
make shure your background color is not used in the gif image itself.
Then  select the background golor to be transparent and the gif will
appear in the browser without a boundry square and background.

If the back ground has multiple shades or colors, you can use photoshop' s
replace color to change them one at a time to the same color and then turn
it transparent.

John

--
Check our web site "http://www.jfbdtp.com" for Wrist Macs,  Adroits Omnicam, locksmith equipment, unusual computer software & hardware, free software down load sites, Reference URL's, personal imprinted T shirts, jackets, hats, Coffee mugs, hats, Printed brass awards, nanmeplates,  and much more

How to make multi-colored GIFS transparent??

Post by Bill Sveins » Mon, 27 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>If the back ground has multiple shades or colors, you can use photoshop' s
>replace color to change them one at a time to the same color and then turn
>it transparent.

>John

John, could you explain this process in a little more detail, please?

--
Bill Sveinson

Victoria, BC CANADA

1. How to make multi-colored GIFS transparent??

Hello, I still don't quite understand the concept of a transparent GIF
file especially when it is applied to a multi-colored GIF file, with all
kinds of colors. Would anyone care to explain (please email me) how this
works and how one can select the optimum transparent modes for WEB use?
Thanks much!!

-Suvrit

2. Repost: Does the render crop in max 3 work ?

3. Transparent Colors with GIFs and Getting Correct Colors on Macs

4. Q: How to get full OpenGL capability for linux?

5. making gifs transparent?

6. HELP: Field morphing alg. needed!

7. Making Transparent Gifs From PSHOP

8. Procedure for making transparent GIFS on a complex background (without little white dots around the edges)

9. making animated gifs transparent?

10. making transparent gifs

11. color replace/transparent gifs/gradients