Trouble loading Plugins... HELP!!!

Post by J. Buchma » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I just installed PS 3.0, and i'm having trouble getting my KPT plugins
to work.  I put all the plugins into my C:/Photoshp/Plugins directory.
Then, at the beginning of my Photos30.ini, i added:

PHOTOSHOPDIRECTORY=C:\PHOTOSHP
PLUGINDIRECTORY=C:\PHOTOSHP\PLUGINS

Also, in PS 3.0, in the preference section, i set it to the same
directory.  But this doesn't work!!  I still have PS 2.5 working with
all the plugins, but i can't do it to v. 3.0.  Can anyone help?
Thanks,

John

Post by flapjac » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I just installed PS 3.0, and i'm having trouble getting my KPT plugins
> to work.  I put all the plugins into my C:/Photoshp/Plugins directory.
> Then, at the beginning of my Photos30.ini, i added:

> PHOTOSHOPDIRECTORY=C:\PHOTOSHP
> PLUGINDIRECTORY=C:\PHOTOSHP\PLUGINS

> Also, in PS 3.0, in the preference section, i set it to the same
> directory.  But this doesn't work!!  I still have PS 2.5 working with
> all the plugins, but i can't do it to v. 3.0.  Can anyone help?
> Thanks,

> John

I am assuming that you are running windows 95, so as far as I know you
are going to have to get a copy of the 3.05 update to photoshop. My
friend had the same problem and I don't think he was able to fix it. I
think it has something to do with 95 not being able to recognize 16 bit
plugins and 3.05 fixes that problem.

Steve Hayes

Trouble loading Plugins... HELP!!!

Post by J. Costel » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Since you had an older version already on your system, and since I
gather you are working on a windows machine, I cannot help to ask
whether you have the following folder/directory on your machine:

c:\win32app

If so I know that when I upgraded I had two folders/directories on my
machine with two versions of photoshop. The one you want to use is the
version that sits in the folders under the win32app folder. Copy
everything from your old plugins folder to the new folder.

c:\win32app\photoshp\plugins

Then delete the old version.

Quote:>I just installed PS 3.0, and i'm having trouble getting my KPT plugins
>to work.  I put all the plugins into my C:/Photoshp/Plugins directory.
>Then, at the beginning of my Photos30.ini, i added:
>PHOTOSHOPDIRECTORY=C:\PHOTOSHP
>PLUGINDIRECTORY=C:\PHOTOSHP\PLUGINS
>Also, in PS 3.0, in the preference section, i set it to the same
>directory.  But this doesn't work!!  I still have PS 2.5 working with
>all the plugins, but i can't do it to v. 3.0.  Can anyone help?
>Thanks,
>John

1. Help on Image loading trouble

Hi All

The procedure shown below works perfect when the files clicked are
valid, and on most invalid files the the error is trapped ok, and the
user is told "Loading failed" as expected.

On certain files however no error is trapped by my
try-except-end-structure,  but an Acces Violation is raised.
The error message is
"Access Violation at adress 00496912 in modoule "MYPROG.EXE". Write of
Adress 84F1C00"
The error occours just before "if loadok...." which is executed
succesfully once the Acces Violation is ok'ed.

How do I trap that error in order to give the user a more friendly
error message ?
I should add, that I am a happy user of the Mike Lischke
GraphicEX-package, and that the files in question are JPG-files that
are somehow flawed.

procedure TMyForm.FileListBox1Click(Sender: TObject);
var Loadok:boolean;
begin
   try
     image1.picture.loadfromfile(filelistbox1.filename);
      Loadok:=true;
   except
     Loadok:=false;
     showmessage('Loading failed');
   end;
   if loadok then showmessage('End of procedure, load succesfull');
end;

2. Trouble accessing header file

3. trouble loading colormaps with mapcolor()

4. A possible help ?

5. PS6 file loading trouble

6. Final Fantasy X ...

7. Trouble loading images

8. Channels

9. Trouble loading old 5.5 scene in 5.6

10. Trouble Loading Scenes

11. Am having trouble loading an object into 3.1

12. Scene loading troubles

13. Trouble loading 6.52 for Mac