how do you removing holes from a selection?

how do you removing holes from a selection?

Post by Jeff » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

When I used to use Photostyler I could do a command called 'remove holes'.
For example if I made a selection with the magic wand tool I could issue the
'remove holes' command and make the selection a solid one in case there
where some stray pixels that didn't get selected.  Is there a similar
command in PS 3.0?

Thanks.

how do you removing holes from a selection?

Post by George Ho » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> When I used to use Photostyler I could do a command called 'remove holes'.
> For example if I made a selection with the magic wand tool I could issue the
> 'remove holes' command and make the selection a solid one in case there
> where some stray pixels that didn't get selected.  Is there a similar
> command in PS 3.0?

Menu select/modify/smooth. Choose a number related to the size of your
holes (suck it and see). This may have some effect on the perimeter of
your selection too so if this is critical alternatively use another
selection tool with the shift key held down to add to your existing
selection.

George Holt, Deputy Head of Photography
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK

http://wkweb4.cableinet.co.uk/george.holt/holtweb/index.html

Post by shom.. » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>When I used to use Photostyler I could do a command called 'remove
>holes'.  For example if I made a selection with the magic wand tool I
>could issue the 'remove holes' command and make the selection a solid
>one in case there where some stray pixels that didn't get selected.
>Is there a similar command in PS 3.0?

Have you tried "Select - Grow"?  It's not exactly the same but it can
accomplish this task when used with a careful choice of the magic wand
tolerance option.  Also you can use the lasso tool while holding down
the shift key to encompass the holes and add them to the selection.

--
Bob
http://pages.prodigy.com/shomler/gallery.htm

1. remove a hole from a transparent image

Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
make the center part the same as other part?

Thanks,

2. corrupt fonts

3. how to remove mask holes

4. CGFX for 'Spawn' movie

5. Removing polygon holes

6. TBitmap and ScanLine

7. adding/removing from selection

8. A real important question

9. Contract selection after doing Select All problem

10. Removing selection channels with actions

11. Selection - done on server or client?

12. It's done, done, done!

13. OBJ file format: howto specify holes within holes within holes ...