More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by James Brow » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00



Hi all,
I've got another question on the wacom intuos.
After my previous post (many thanks to all who replied),
I've decided to bite the bullet, but I'm worried about
its compatibility with Photoshop (i've got 5.0 on windows).

The tablets seem to have all manner of funky menu things
which perform little tasks for me. Can I set up photoshop to
do these tasks?

Also, there is something called a quick-touch area or something
built onto the bigger tablets. What does this do, and does it do
it in photoshop?

Last one:
The actual styluses seem to be able to tell the program many different
things, like tip pressure etc. Also, that 4D mouse thing has like 5 buttons
and makes the toast and stuff. Does photoshop understand all of this
extra functionality, or is it only the bundled programs in the kit which
can understand?

Thanks for your help, I promise I'll keep quiet now!

Oh yeah, does the USB version need its own power supply??

James

 
 
 

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by Zeitbau » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>Subject: More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!
>From: "James Brown"
>The tablets seem to have all manner of funky menu things
>which perform little tasks for me. Can I set up photoshop to
>do these tasks?

>Also, there is something called a quick-touch area or something
>built onto the bigger tablets. What does this do, and does it do
>it in photoshop?

>Last one:
>The actual styluses seem to be able to tell the program many different
>things, like tip pressure etc. Also, that 4D mouse thing has like 5 buttons
>and makes the toast and stuff. Does photoshop understand all of this
>extra functionality, or is it only the bundled programs in the kit which
>can understand?

>Thanks for your help, I promise I'll keep quiet now!

>Oh yeah, does the USB version need its own power supply??

>James

i never bother with the pen tools... ps does that stuff by design...

the wakko usb needs a usb active power... but not a (plug in voltage) power
supply.

i'm using the 9 x 12. i took it out of the box, plugged it into my monitor's
usb outs (sony f400) while win98 was up and running. win98 grabbed it, and
loaded its needed usb drivers. the pen worked. i then loaded the wacom disk
setup, and that's that.

usb is such an improvement over the first serial  versions... i never lock up,
and never have delay'd pen response (P3, 500).

the 4d mouse sits in it's box, cause i don't do real-3d very much. but to use
it, you program the buttons for what it is you want to do.

i've made 4 print ads and several book jackets with the wakko since i bought
it... i thought i was cool with using a mouse to draw with, but the pen's like
being back in paper art and design.

mike

 
 
 

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by Loco1 » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00


I have a 9x12 right here, comes with a power supply,and easy to set up. mouse &
pen.
 
 
 

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by Etaoin Shrdl » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00



Quote:> I have a 9x12 right here, comes with a power supply,and easy to set up.
mouse &
> pen.

A power supply? Do you mean to tell me that if I purchased one of these
tablets from an American website I couldn't use it here in Holland due to
voltage/plug differences? Damn, they're a lot more expensive over here.

Dan

 
 
 

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by Zeitbau » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>Subject: Re: More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!
>From: "Etaoin Shrdlu"
>A power supply? Do you mean to tell me that if I purchased one of these
>tablets from an American website I couldn't use it here in Holland due to
>voltage/plug differences? Damn, they're a lot more expensive over here.

get the usb version... the power comes from the usb hub.... no portaPower
needed.

m.

 
 
 

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by Gareth Stron » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Any reported problems with USB Wacoms causing lock up's, blue screens etc,
like some USB devices can?

--


Quote:> >Subject: Re: More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!
> >From: "Etaoin Shrdlu"

> >A power supply? Do you mean to tell me that if I purchased one of these
> >tablets from an American website I couldn't use it here in Holland due to
> >voltage/plug differences? Damn, they're a lot more expensive over here.

> get the usb version... the power comes from the usb hub.... no portaPower
> needed.

> m.

 
 
 

More wacom intuos questions. Sorry!

Post by Zeitbau » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>Su
>Any reported problems with USB Wacoms causing lock up's, blue screens etc,
>like some USB devices can?

none, by me... i'm using it every day in both adobe and metatools progs.

really like it, no faults yet.

mike

 
 
 

1. Wacom Intuos Tablet Question

First of all, I posted this message in alt.graphics.tablets and got no
answer.  Maybe somebody here will help.

I have an Intous 6X8 and when using the drawing tool in Paint Shop Pro, when
I first touch the pad with the pen, it makes a small mark and stops, causing
me to have to click the Undo button and start over.  It does this most of
the time but not all the time.  Has anybody else had this problem, and how
can I correct it?  The pad is pretty new and has done this since I bought
it.

Any ideas will surely help and be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

2. need fast thick line algorithm

3. Wacom - graphire and intuos - a couple of questions

4. MrFurniture Table Collection Vol2 rel.

5. ACCESSORY QUESTIONS ABOUT WACOM INTUOS TABLET

6. Poor color saturation with OpenGL on Sun Ultra

7. WACOM Intuos question

8. L6 + UPS

9. Wacom Intuos A5

10. Wacom Intuos and ATI

11. WACOM INTUOS PAD - USB VERSION

12. Wacom Intuos Tablets