Flatbed Scanners

Post by Tam KinHo » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

OK! Now I'm confused. At first I thought that Mustek Paragon 600II SP was a
sure bet. After receiving a few comments about it, I'm beginning to lose
faith in it.

Let's get this straight. Anyone out there knows about any flatbeds within
US$300.00.
I will be using it to scan some photos and also some drawn pictures for a
few websites. The software for altering these graphics will definitely be
Photoshop. So I think this mail fits in this Newsgroup.

Please help.

--
TKO Tam KinHoe
Lazy People Company?

Flatbed Scanners

Post by Andy Todz » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>OK! Now I'm confused. At first I thought that Mustek Paragon 600II SP was a
>sure bet. After receiving a few comments about it, I'm beginning to lose
>faith in it.

>Let's get this straight. Anyone out there knows about any flatbeds within
>US$300.00.
>I will be using it to scan some photos and also some drawn pictures for a
>few websites. The software for altering these graphics will definitely be
>Photoshop. So I think this mail fits in this Newsgroup.

>Please help.

>--
>TKO Tam KinHoe
>Lazy People Company?
>http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/2818

Order a Microtek E-3 from PC Connections for $199.00.
1-800-800-1111

You can't go wrong.

I have an E-6 and it works great.  The E-3 is a steal at the new
$199.00 price.

Flatbed Scanners

Post by Tracy K. Westgar » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Take a  look at the new relysis AVEC II. It is a little cheapy scanner but
has served my basic needs fo a month now.

www.relysis.com

Quote:> OK! Now I'm confused. At first I thought that Mustek Paragon 600II SP was
> sure bet. After receiving a few comments about it, I'm beginning to lose
> faith in it.

> Let's get this straight. Anyone out there knows about any flatbeds within
> US$300.00.
> I will be using it to scan some photos and also some drawn pictures for a
> few websites. The software for altering these graphics will definitely be
> Photoshop. So I think this mail fits in this Newsgroup.

> Please help.

Flatbed Scanners

Post by Brad Fergus » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>   >OK! Now I'm confused. At first I thought that Mustek Paragon 600II SP was a
>   >sure bet. After receiving a few comments about it, I'm beginning to lose
>   >faith in it.

>   >Let's get this straight. Anyone out there knows about any flatbeds within
>   >US$300.00.
>   >I will be using it to scan some photos and also some drawn pictures for a
>   >few websites. The software for altering these graphics will definitely be
>   >Photoshop. So I think this mail fits in this Newsgroup.

>   >Please help.

>   >--
>   >TKO Tam KinHoe
>   >Lazy People Company?
>   >http://www.veryComputer.com/

>   Order a Microtek E-3 from PC Connections for $199.00.
>   1-800-800-1111

>   You can't go wrong.

>   I have an E-6 and it works great.  The E-3 is a steal at the new
>   $199.00 price.

The Umax S-6E goes for $279 (after a $20 manufacturer's rebate) in the
catalogs.  Great scanner, perfect for web graphics and printing out stuff
at 600 dpi or less.

--
Stop by http://www.veryComputer.com/*/

Flatbed Scanners

Post by swhh0.. » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

--

for scanners of all types and prices with world wide delivery look at
www.blackwidow.co.uk/scanners

Flatbed Scanners

Post by scor.. » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

There are many scanners out there, and the cheapest one, is good, but
the important question is good for what?
It has been my experience that the more money you spend, the better
quality you get.  Musteks are good, HP's are good, if you have lots of
money, buy a high end, if not get a cheaper one, UMAX had pretty good
quality.
There is no best, just what you need to get the job done...if you are
just scanning for the WEB, any scanner will do.  If for professional
reasons, you just might know what you want, and have a good knowledge
of the hardware out ther,...and go out there and get it!
I do not know if this helps, but it is the cold hard fact.

Junior Knight
Scorpio Graphics

http://pages.map.com/~scorpio

                                |'
                                |'
                               '~
                               |<
      '''^~'' ''               |'
    '|~~'||~:|  |'~|| '|'      :'
  '~~~~~~'>~~  ||'||''||      ~<
  ~~~~<<''~~|'|<|||<|'''     ||
 |||||||' ~~~~~~~~~~'||'''|~:|
          <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
          ~~~<~~~~~~~~:|'
 |' '''   ~~~|:||/|<<:~~'
   :~~~~'  >|||~||~||||~'
    ':~~~~~~<~:||||''

Flatbed Scanners

Post by Edwin Cla » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Take a  look at the new relysis AVEC II. It is a little cheapy scanner but
>has served my basic needs fo a month now.

>www.relysis.com

>> OK! Now I'm confused. At first I thought that Mustek Paragon 600II SP was
>> sure bet. After receiving a few comments about it, I'm beginning to lose
>> faith in it.

>> Let's get this straight. Anyone out there knows about any flatbeds within
>> US$300.00.
>> I will be using it to scan some photos and also some drawn pictures for a
>> few websites. The software for altering these graphics will definitely be
>> Photoshop. So I think this mail fits in this Newsgroup.

>> Please help.

>> I don't know about the Mustek 600, but ive got the 12000 ($499.00 retail) and am very happy with the quality of scans that i get

1. Universal Scanner Stand For Flatbed Scanners

Here is information on a new product for desktop publishers that is sure to be
of benefit to you, if  desktop space is of concern.

                                       Universal Scanner Stand

If your Scanner is taking up valuable work space on your desk, then you will
love the new space saving Universal Scanner Stand from MCP Products!  Finally,
a stand specifically designed to raise flatbed scanners off the desk 4", and
create much needed space for supplies or peripherals below.  The Universal
Scanner Stand is made of a unique two leg design, allowing you to store
supplies like paper, toner cartridges, zip drives, or just about anything under
the front or sides of your scanner.  Simply position the sturdy support legs at
each end of the scanner and place your supplies conveniently below.

The Universal Scanner Stand is made of high quality clear acrylic.  Dimensions
of each leg are 13.5"L x 2.5"W x 4"H.  Each leg has two cushioned support pads
to hold the scanner securely in place.   Retail is $19.95 plus $4.00 shipping.
To order call MCP toll free at 888-216-1090 or visit our website at
www.webpads.com

2. 5 Errors

3. Universal Scanner Stand for Flatbed Scanners

4. Autocad DFX -> IFF, TIFF, GIF, etc. ???????

5. Slide scanner/flatbed scanner??

6. Lotus PIC files

7. Slide scanners vs. Flatbed scanners

8. X an OS? (was Re: MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia)

9. OT Film scanner vs flatbed scanner

10. Universal Scanner Stand For Flatbed Scanners

11. Win a Color Flatbed Scanner

12. Stereoscopic Images of Small Objects by Flatbed Scanner

13. Which Flatbed Scanners do you like/dislike?