Anyone used the Microtek Scanmaker X6EL?

Anyone used the Microtek Scanmaker X6EL?

Post by Todd L. Cignett » Sun, 19 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone tried this scanner- it was just announced, and hard to find, but
I like the features: 36 bit color scanner with flatbed and transparency
adapter, all for ~$250 US.  I'd like to know more about the quality though.

Regards,

-Todd L. Cignetti

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~cignetti

Anyone used the Microtek Scanmaker X6EL?

Post by robert lagerstro » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have a Microtek ScanMaker e-6.  It is very fluky and I never know if it
will run or not.  Constantly have to re-installdrivers, Etc.

It should be known, though that I have a flatbe, neg scanner, cd-R,
Zippdrive and an internal SCSI III UFUW all hooked up to a Adaptec 2940.  I
am sure I have exceed 10' of SCSI cable so I really have no one to blame
but myself for stretching the SCSI limits past spec.

However, even if I unplug all but the Microtek, I still cross my fingers
whsen I scan through Photoshop that it won't lock up. The "scan to printer"
utility is useless as it scans a full 8.5 x 11 page and prints it out at
about 25% on the printer.  If I use Corel Scan to go to printer directly, I
get a full page (unless the scanner locks the application.

I hop[e someone has a dependable scaaner so I can chunk this one.  Or get
some GOOD update drivers fro mine (doubt it since it is over a year old)

--
Rob Lagerstrom
Streamline Studio, Inc

1. Anyone using a Microtek Scanmaker 1850S?

I just found one of these in a closet at work, and would like to get it
going, but (naturally) there are no docs in sight.

Microtek says it's obsolete, and they only support it for a fee.

It's a slide scanner, but how good is it? Do I even care to get it running?

What kind of driver do I need to import scans into Photoshop?

Thanks, Isaac

2. How does one change the transparency of pixels?

3. anyone using microtek scanmaker E3?

4. Cooper Controls Motion Control Interface to Alias

5. MIcrotek ScanMaker E6 Comments Anyone ???

6. Skin & Slice in Max ...?

7. Multipass Rendering?

8. Anyone used a Microtek 35T slide scanner ???

9. Microtek ScanMaker E3 Scanner

10. Microtek-Scanmaker E-3

11. Microtek ScanMaker III

12. Problems with Microtek Scanmaker II flatbed scanner