Paintbrush won't work while mask is selected.

Paintbrush won't work while mask is selected.

Post by Black Symphon » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:08:36

Hello, everyone. I seem to be having a bit a problem here so bear
with me:

When choosing the quick mask tool, the paintbrush will not work.  No
matter the brush size I choose or changes I make to the mask
(File>Preferences>Gamut  - opacity, colour to use for mask - black and
white and colours in between for the brush, etc), it doesn't work.  If
I try to use the paint bucket, the mask works, putting a mask over the
entire image.  I've tried the paintbrush both before and after doing
this, and it still won't work. Is there a way to get it to work? I'm
using Photoshop 5.0.

Thank you in advance.

Post by Black Symphon » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:45:10

>When choosing the quick mask tool, the paintbrush will not work.  No
>matter the brush size I choose or changes I make to the mask
>(File>Preferences>Gamut  - opacity, colour to use for mask - black and
>white and colours in between for the brush, etc), it doesn't work.  If
>I try to use the paint bucket, the mask works, putting a mask over the
>entire image.  I've tried the paintbrush both before and after doing
>this, and it still won't work. Is there a way to get it to work? I'm
>using Photoshop 5.0.

Okay, I found my own solution after searching through the Google
archives: I was foolishly using 'soft light' rather than 'normal'
as an option.  Blah.

For those who might bump into this post in the future, also be sure to
check that the problem isn't "either your foreground color is not set
to 100% black, or oyur paintbrush is not set to Normal at 100%
opacity."

That quote is from Tacit, whose helpful responses I found in the
archives. Thanks!

Paintbrush won't work while mask is selected.

Post by Bobocit » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:10:28

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:45:10 GMT, Black Symphony

>>When choosing the quick mask tool, the paintbrush will not work.
[snip]
>Okay, I found my own solution after searching through the Google
>archives: I was foolishly using 'soft light' rather than 'normal'
>as an option.  Blah.

>For those who might bump into this post in the future, also be sure to
>check that the problem isn't "either your foreground color is not set
>to 100% black, or oyur paintbrush is not set to Normal at 100%
>opacity."

>That quote is from Tacit, whose helpful responses I found in the
>archives. Thanks!

Glad you got it working. Sometimes the best answer *is* "do a search".
Did you bookmark the search page for this group, and
alt.graphics.photoshop?

Post by Black Symphon » Mon, 17 Mar 2003 06:47:49

>>Okay, I found my own solution after searching through the Google
>>archives: I was foolishly using 'soft light' rather than 'normal'
>>as an option.  Blah.

<snip>

Quote:>Glad you got it working. Sometimes the best answer *is* "do a search".
>Did you bookmark the search page for this group, and
>alt.graphics.photoshop?

Hi, Bobocito. Yes, I have the c.g.a.p. page bookmarked but didn't know
about alt.graphics.photoshop. Thanks!

Paintbrush won't work while mask is selected.

Post by Bobocit » Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:07:32

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:47:49 GMT, Black Symphony

>>>Okay, I found my own solution after searching through the Google
>>>archives: I was foolishly using 'soft light' rather than 'normal'
>>>as an option.  Blah.

><snip>

>>Glad you got it working. Sometimes the best answer *is* "do a search".
>>Did you bookmark the search page for this group, and
>>alt.graphics.photoshop?

>Hi, Bobocito. Yes, I have the c.g.a.p. page bookmarked but didn't know
>about alt.graphics.photoshop. Thanks!

Also...
adobeforums.com/adobe.photoshop.windows (and .macintosh)

1. Wacom Tablet won't work under Win 95

I have a really strange problem after installing the Wacom hardware and
software under Windows 95. I've installed both PC 222 and PC 232
software, each resulting in the same problem: after the message from the
installer software that the wacom software was installed successfully, I
restart the computer and when the desktop background image appears also
the wacom window appears (minimized) and then an error message (don't
know the exact English syntax, because my Win 95 is Dutch) stating that
the programme made an invalid link request to a .dll file. After that,
Windows 95 crashes. When I reinstall the old system.ini file, Windows
works fine again. I have removed all files associatied with Wacom from
the  hard disk, I've setup Win 95 again, done everything I could think
of, but the same problem keeps occurring again and again. BTW: the
hardware seems to work OK and win95 plug and play perfectly recognizes
the hardware. The type tablet is: UD-0608-R.

Please, If someone knows how to solve this problem, help me out. Can't
use this expensive piece of hardware until I find the solution (been
sweating it out all weekend!).

Thanx!

2. save for service provider

3. Shortcuts to select next brush doesn't work - can't make action neither

4. Greater Boston Chapter of ACM SIGGRAPH September Meeting

5. Geforce3 vs Gloria3

6. Alt-click won't work, Heal will work with Pattern but not Source

7. SENT YOUR HOLIDAY CARDS YET?

8. Anim Shop 3 won't export ALL selected frames

9. inner paths won't select

10. C++Builder and SGI's V1.1 won't work

11. Miro DC-30, Video overlay, and Matrox Card - won't work

12. (POV-PPC) Help, animation won't work