what do you think?

Post by jldes.. » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

OK I am jumping on the....tell me what you think about my
site....bandwagon

http://www.erie.net/~jldesign

you know the drill.... I am more of a designer/illustrator than
photoshop guru but I want to here your opinions.

JLdesign

what do you think?

Post by June Curtic » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> OK I am jumping on the....tell me what you think about my
> site....bandwagon

> http://www.erie.net/~jldesign

> you know the drill.... I am more of a designer/illustrator than
> photoshop guru but I want to here your opinions.

> JLdesign

Nicely done, Jason. I find the lightening bolts a little too much. Just
some simple radiating lines would give a sleeker look. I also found the
speckled background texture a bit overpowering for your delicate sketch
style. Just my opinion, needless to say.

Keep up the good work.
June Curtice
Curtice Advertising & Design
(delete NOSPAM to reply)

what do you think?

Post by Erik Johns » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>OK I am jumping on the....tell me what you think about my
>site....bandwagon

>http://www.erie.net/~jldesign

>you know the drill.... I am more of a designer/illustrator than
>photoshop guru but I want to here your opinions.

Looks good, downloads fast.  I like your sorta handdrawn style of
graphics, they work well on the paperish background.  The only thing
that hurts the aesthetics of your page is the link exchange ad banner
at the bottom (do people really benefit from  these things?).

Good luck,
-Erik Johnson

http://phidias.colorado.edu/vgallery.html

what do you think?

Post by Diane Wils » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

|> OK I am jumping on the....tell me what you think about my
|> site....bandwagon
|>
|> http://www.erie.net/~jldesign
|>
|> you know the drill.... I am more of a designer/illustrator than
|> photoshop guru but I want to here your opinions.

Didn't have a chance to check out all your portfolio, but the half-dozen
I looked at, I *really* like.  Images aside, what I enjoyed seeing was
the imagination and the integration of ideas with a client's style and
focus.

Oh, Photoshop?  It's just a tool.  I didn't see any glitches.  The only
nit I could pick is that your choice of backgrounds seems too aggressively
bland.  You might try backing off on the texture, and going lighter/more
neutral.

Some images, like the C restaurant and the stained-glass wine logo,
seem more appropriate for vector graphics; have you played much with
Illustrator or FreeHand?
--
Diane Wilson                       | Most of my symphonies are tombstones.

http://www.lava.net/~dewilson/     |                 --Dmitri Shostakovich
http://www.lava.net/~dewilson/asd/ |

what do you think?

Post by Peter Sta » Sun, 13 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>|> OK I am jumping on the....tell me what you think about my
>|> site....bandwagon
>|>
>|> http://www.veryComputer.com/~jldesign
>|>
>Oh, Photoshop?  It's just a tool.  I didn't see any glitches.  The only
>nit I could pick is that your choice of backgrounds seems too aggressively
>bland.  You might try backing off on the texture, and going lighter/more
>neutral.

Is "aggressively bland" anything like acute disinterest (a term I once
heard to describe the * expressions of some high-fashion models)?
Just kidding  :-)  :-)

Seriously, I thought the site was very well done.  The drawings are
very creative!
-> Peter Stark
From Hoboken, No Jokin'