Masks and Channels

Post by HPM » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have been using photoshop, but seem to have a mental block on
the use of masks and channels.  Can anyone suggest some good
guides, tutorials or other forms of instruction on the use of
these tools.  I know it would make the use of the program much
more appealing for what I try to accomplish.

Masks and Channels

Post by Dilber » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have a tutorial for layer masks on my website:

http://members.xoom.com/continuum2/tutorial/layermask.html

--

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is

Quote:> I have been using photoshop, but seem to have a mental block on
> the use of masks and channels.  Can anyone suggest some good
> guides, tutorials or other forms of instruction on the use of
> these tools.  I know it would make the use of the program much
> more appealing for what I try to accomplish.

*

Masks and Channels

Post by agawab » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000 17:30:44 -0800, HPM

>I have been using photoshop, but seem to have a mental block on
>the use of masks and channels.  Can anyone suggest some good
>guides, tutorials or other forms of instruction on the use of
>these tools.  I know it would make the use of the program much
>more appealing for what I try to accomplish.

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

many questions similar to this can be answered using adobe.com or
photoshops help utility, or the manual that came with the
software...if you paid for it?

and if that doesn't work....try and try again until you get the
results you need

Masks and Channels

Post by Dwight Williams » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

Photoshop Channel Chops by David Biedny and others.

Dwight

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000 17:30:44 -0800, HPM

>I have been using photoshop, but seem to have a mental block on
>the use of masks and channels.  Can anyone suggest some good
>guides, tutorials or other forms of instruction on the use of
>these tools.  I know it would make the use of the program much
>more appealing for what I try to accomplish.

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Masks and Channels

Post by HPM » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

Thanks for the suggestions.  Any others will be welcomed.  And
to Agawabay......YES I BOUGHT IT!.  I am not a very artistic
person, but with the help of this great program, I can
accomplish some fairly admirable projects.  btw... this is also
my first time on a bulletin board,... many thanks to all who
share their help, time and thoughts.

Masks and Channels

Post by paul » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

try www.digiscape.co.uk for a channel mask tutorial

Paul

Quote:> I have been using photoshop, but seem to have a mental block on
> the use of masks and channels.  Can anyone suggest some good
> guides, tutorials or other forms of instruction on the use of
> these tools.  I know it would make the use of the program much
> more appealing for what I try to accomplish.

*

Masks and Channels

Post by Rick Nels » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Williamson) said with great vengeance and fuuurious anger:

Quote:>Photoshop Channel Chops by David Biedny and others.

>Dwight

I agree with Dwight on this one.  That book will teach you things
about channels and masks you never thought possible.  IMO, the best
3rd party PS book you can buy.

                  --Rick

Haus of Photoshop
http://www.geocities.com/collegepark/quad/2237
A completely redesigned non-geocities "Haus of Photoshop" with new tutorials is in the making!
ETA:May2000