rounded edges in ps6

Post by Kadi » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:39:42

Hi I'm making a layout for my site and I can't figure out how to make
rounded edges? I was hoping to use the selection tool and stroke it (2 px)
but I want the corners rounded. How can I do that?

--
Kadie
~~~

rounded edges in ps6

Post by wislon » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 04:23:53

> Hi I'm making a layout for my site and I can't figure out how to make
> rounded edges? I was hoping to use the selection tool and stroke it (2 px)
> but I want the corners rounded. How can I do that?

> --
> Kadie
> ~~~
> http://dreamsweb.cjb.net
> ICQ #48606790

Click the rectangle tool in the Toolbar (Under the Text tool). If it is
not visible, click down on this button for the popup tool selection menu

in the options bar at top of screen click the rounded rectangle tool
button. the Radius setting in the options bar will affect the roundness
of the corners

draw your rectangle

this produces a path, which can be selected then scaled, or modified
with the pen tools and the path selection tools (left of text tool), but
thats another can of beans

set foreground colour as required for your rounded rectangle
set your brush size then

in the paths palette click on the popout menu button and select 'stroke
path'

david

rounded edges in ps6

Post by Fungusamungu » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:47:40

make a rectangular selection, then go to selection>modify>smooth and
viola!!!

--
Fungus
Pinch 'my butt' to reply!

> > Hi I'm making a layout for my site and I can't figure out how to make
> > rounded edges? I was hoping to use the selection tool and stroke it (2
px)
> > but I want the corners rounded. How can I do that?

> > --
> > Kadie
> > ~~~
> > http://dreamsweb.cjb.net
> > ICQ #48606790

> Click the rectangle tool in the Toolbar (Under the Text tool). If it is
> not visible, click down on this button for the popup tool selection menu

> in the options bar at top of screen click the rounded rectangle tool
> button. the Radius setting in the options bar will affect the roundness
> of the corners

> draw your rectangle

> this produces a path, which can be selected then scaled, or modified
> with the pen tools and the path selection tools (left of text tool), but
> thats another can of beans

> set foreground colour as required for your rounded rectangle
> set your brush size then

> in the paths palette click on the popout menu button and select 'stroke
> path'

> david

rounded edges in ps6

Post by Kadi » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:06:18

thanks i'll try the first cause the second one gives really jagged edges..

--
Kadie
~~~

> make a rectangular selection, then go to selection>modify>smooth and
> viola!!!

> --
> Fungus
> Pinch 'my butt' to reply!

> > > Hi I'm making a layout for my site and I can't figure out how to make
> > > rounded edges? I was hoping to use the selection tool and stroke it (2
> px)
> > > but I want the corners rounded. How can I do that?

> > > --
> > > Kadie
> > > ~~~
> > > http://dreamsweb.cjb.net
> > > ICQ #48606790

> > Click the rectangle tool in the Toolbar (Under the Text tool). If it is
> > not visible, click down on this button for the popup tool selection menu

> > in the options bar at top of screen click the rounded rectangle tool
> > button. the Radius setting in the options bar will affect the roundness
> > of the corners

> > draw your rectangle

> > this produces a path, which can be selected then scaled, or modified
> > with the pen tools and the path selection tools (left of text tool), but
> > thats another can of beans

> > set foreground colour as required for your rounded rectangle
> > set your brush size then

> > in the paths palette click on the popout menu button and select 'stroke
> > path'

> > david

rounded edges in ps6

Post by Trevor Morri » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 21:19:52

Grab my action from here:

http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop20.shtml

Hope that is what you are looking for...

--
Cheers,

http://user.fundy.net/morris/

Quote:> Hi I'm making a layout for my site and I can't figure out how to make
> rounded edges? I was hoping to use the selection tool and stroke it (2 px)
> but I want the corners rounded. How can I do that?

> --
> Kadie
> ~~~
> http://dreamsweb.cjb.net
> ICQ #48606790

1. Rounding edges with Poly Edge Shaper plug in

I've tried using it with various settings, but the results are always odd.
I've included an attachment showing the result of the plugin applied to a
box.
Do I have to use the plugin on each ploy separately or something?

Thanks for any help.

2. PM install problems??

3. Rendering rounded edges in Bryce 3d?

4. Info on NURBS