Marble texture look

Post by vampirefa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I am pretty new to Photoshop and I would like to create a marble look.
There are lots of filters that create all kind of texture looks, like
grain, sandstone, etc. but no marble look.

Can someone tell me how to create a marble look?

Thanks for any help.

Laura

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Marble texture look

Post by Mr. J » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Can someone tell me how to create a marble look?

Have you tried using the "render->clouds" filter yet?

--

Jim Hall
home.att.net/~hall.j.m

Marble texture look

Post by Danny Fourni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You can always find tiles alredy created on the net.... that is the
easy way out...

DF

Quote:>Hi,

>I am pretty new to Photoshop and I would like to create a marble look.
>There are lots of filters that create all kind of texture looks, like
>grain, sandstone, etc. but no marble look.

>Can someone tell me how to create a marble look?

>Thanks for any help.

>Laura

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Marble texture look

Post by Jon Eich » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Laura:

1. File > New. Mode: RGB (hint: if dimensions are multiples of 128 pixels,
texture will be seamlessly tileable)

2. type D (default colors--black and white)

3. Filter > Render > Clouds

4. Filter > Render > Difference Clouds

5. repeat step 4 a few times, until you begin to see the veined, marble look

6. Image > Adjust > Levels. Move the sliders in the Output Levels section
inward so the blacks aren't as black and the whites aren't as white. Click
OK when you like it.

7. Image > Adjust > Hue/Saturation. Check the Colorize box. Play around with
the Hue slider; pink, green, or blue are good colors. Keep the Saturation
low. See if the Lightness slider improves it at all. Click OK when you like
it.

8. Save it.

To see how it'll look tiled:

1. Select > All

2. Edit > Define Pattern

3. Image > Canvas Size. Make it fairly big and click OK.

4. Edit > Fill; Use: Pattern; Opacity: 100%; Mode: Normal; click OK

Jon

Quote:> Can someone tell me how to create a marble look?

Marble texture look

Post by vampirefa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

THANKS!  I tried it and it looks pretty decent.  I will keep
experimenting.

Thanks very much!

Laura  :D

Quote:> Laura:

Post by S » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Laura:

> 1. File > New. Mode: RGB (hint: if dimensions are multiples of 128 pixels,
> texture will be seamlessly tileable)

Why?   I didn't know this!

Thanks, --SB

Marble texture look

Post by Danny Fourni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

it works! Try it and you'll see...

DF

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:05:53 -0400, "Pat (SB) or Jim Anthony"