1. File > New. Mode: RGB (hint: if dimensions are multiples of 128 pixels,
texture will be seamlessly tileable)
2. type D (default colors--black and white)
3. Filter > Render > Clouds
4. Filter > Render > Difference Clouds
5. repeat step 4 a few times, until you begin to see the veined, marble look
6. Image > Adjust > Levels. Move the sliders in the Output Levels section
inward so the blacks aren't as black and the whites aren't as white. Click
OK when you like it.
7. Image > Adjust > Hue/Saturation. Check the Colorize box. Play around with
the Hue slider; pink, green, or blue are good colors. Keep the Saturation
low. See if the Lightness slider improves it at all. Click OK when you like
8. Save it.
To see how it'll look tiled:
1. Select > All
2. Edit > Define Pattern
3. Image > Canvas Size. Make it fairly big and click OK.
4. Edit > Fill; Use: Pattern; Opacity: 100%; Mode: Normal; click OK
Quote:> Can someone tell me how to create a marble look?