Wacom tablet advise please

Post by Rick Hil » Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00

I'm on the point of getting a tablet (first time user Photoshop 4 on
W3.1). Can anyone advise on how good is Wacom ArtPad11 compared with a
6x8 tablet. Would I be better off with ArtPad11 or a larger tablet from
a different manufacturer at the same price? (I have a price
limitation!!)
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Lia, Brisbane Australia

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by Carl Dershe » Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00

> > I'm on the point of getting a tablet (first time user Photoshop 4 on
> > W3.1). Can anyone advise on how good is Wacom ArtPad11 compared with
> > a 6x8 tablet.
> This question comes up often here. The general concensus is to go with
> the Wacom ArtZ II 6 X 8.

Unless you have unlimited financial resources.

I just saw a blurb on tv (C|NET) about a new tablet Wacom is putting
out.  The demo model shown was a 6x8 with an active matrix LCD built in
so you draw on the picture.

Only $2500 US, according to the show.

I want one.   :o

cd

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by Roger A. Moncrie » Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00

> I'm on the point of getting a tablet (first time user Photoshop 4 on
> W3.1). Can anyone advise on how good is Wacom ArtPad11 compared with a
> 6x8 tablet. Would I be better off with ArtPad11 or a larger tablet from
> a different manufacturer at the same price? (I have a price
> limitation!!)
> Any advise would be much appreciated.
> Lia, Brisbane Australia

Lia,
--
Roger A. Moncrief
http://www.indrev.com

Indepth reviews of Imagine for Windows, Ray Dream Studio 4.1, Bryce 2,
World Construction Set 2, Detailer, Goo, Click & Create, CourseWorks 3.2
CBT, etc. on line now. trueSpace 3 in work. All pages now enchanced with
music by the Keyboard Wizard.

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by Sean » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

$2500 can buy you a Top-Notch Pentium II 266Mhz Workstation. Something like
that should be no more than $1200 (U.S.)

> > > I'm on the point of getting a tablet (first time user Photoshop 4 on
> > > W3.1). Can anyone advise on how good is Wacom ArtPad11 compared with
> > > a 6x8 tablet.

> > This question comes up often here. The general concensus is to go with
> > the Wacom ArtZ II 6 X 8.

> Unless you have unlimited financial resources.

> I just saw a blurb on tv (C|NET) about a new tablet Wacom is putting
> out.  The demo model shown was a 6x8 with an active matrix LCD built in
> so you draw on the picture.

> Only $2500 US, according to the show.

> I want one.   :o

> cd

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by Richard Earl M » Sun, 02 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>I'm on the point of getting a tablet (first time user Photoshop 4 on
>W3.1). Can anyone advise on how good is Wacom ArtPad11 compared with a
>6x8 tablet. Would I be better off with ArtPad11 or a larger tablet from
>a different manufacturer at the same price? (I have a price
>limitation!!)
>Any advise would be much appreciated.
>Lia, Brisbane Australia

Get the Wacom. it works just fine. I paid 300.00 dollars for my 6x8
tablet.

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by vsa.. » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> > > I'm on the point of getting a tablet (first time user Photoshop 4 on
> [...]

  I just bought a Cross art tablet...and love it. I had never heard of
it  until I went shopping for a Wacom and saw it on the shelf. The
actual working area is a bit over 5x7" and the pen looks like a Cross
pen. One nice feature is the ability to use either an "actual" or
"relative" mouse movement. It's got a nice overall design and very
easy to use..and very comfortable to the hand. The BEST part is that
it's about $200 cheaper than the larger Wacom. I got it for $129 at
CompUSA

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by Kenny A. Chaff » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I bought an artpad II 5 months ago and still can't use it...I still perfer the
>  mouse

I definitely depends on what you are using it for and how it's hooked up.
I have both the mouse and my 6x8 wacom hooked up simultaneously and I use
the mouse other than when I'm using Painter or drawing freehand with
Photoshop or Illustrator. I hate trying to us it to select programs and
options, but have kindasorta gotten used to it when in Painter. I
wouldn't even attempt to draw freehand graphics with a mouse any more.

Best Wishes,
--
KAC
Website Design, Programming, Graphics --> http://www.kacweb.com

Wacom tablet advise please

Post by SkytopRi » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I bought an artpad II 5 months ago and still can't use it...I still perfer the
 mouse

1. graphics tablet & stylus: please advise

The Wacom ArtZ pads & pens support both pressure and tilt
sensitivity and are the choice of most artists (and aspiring
artists like me). Pricy but well worth it. I believe that ALL
graphic software manufacturers who recognize pens use Wacom
as their design and compatibility standard.

  Do. Or do not.            *     Stylin' Design Services
 There is no try.   --Yoda  *  http://diversify.com/ljaques

2. Why do you think Jasc didn't allow PSP to do this being a graphics program?

3. Need Win3.1 drivers for WACOM ArtZ Model UD-0608-R tablet - PLEASE READ INSIDE

4. Intel IPL25 (Image processing library)

5. Need drivers for WACOM ArtZ Model UD-0608-R tablet - PLEASE READ INSIDE

6. 3d Max by Kinetix

7. wacom tablet advice please

8. proposal: Simple Image Format (SIF)

9. Wacom Tablet Pin outs needed!please!

10. Wacom tablet, mapping portions of the tablet....

11. Wacom Tablet: Which Mail Order Store stocks tablet?

12. Drawing tablet advise for a PC user

13. Image Mapping in POV - Please advise