Question about best pointers (mouse)

Post by Greg » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

I have been "playing" around with Photoshop for about 3  years now
and consider myself an advanced beginner.  I use it for entertainment
its such a fun program.

I own and have used a Kensington Thinking mouse, the MS Intelli Mouse,
The logitec marble trackball, the mouseman and even a Tablet.

When I am using the lasso tool I can't seem to keep my hand steady
enough to trace around the area that I want.  For instance, I was
trying to outline the head only of Elvis to place it into another
picture using layers.  I can never get it right.

Also, I noticed that after getting the outline that I want there is a
white outline around the subject where should not be.  What is
that?

I guess that I have two questions.

Any help would be appreciated

Gregg

1. mouse pointer flickering and better graphics preformence

hi!

I'm writing a full screen game. there are two threads of execution.
the first is a TTimer that sits on the main TForm and invokes it's
FormPaint method. the other is an inherited class from TThread, who
changes the place of everything on the screen. I am double buffering
and am not getting flickering on the form. But, the mouse pointer
flickers wildly. how do I make it stop, it's driving me of the walls.

the second question is about graphic's speed. As I already said I'm not
getting any flickering on the form, But the graphics it self is running
somewhat slow. When I set the timer to very small intervals (like 1 ms)
at a certain point it doesn't meter anymore and everything runs at the
same, not fast enough speed. what can I do?

                                              thanks

2. corrupted file?? - help!

3. Altra announces Micropoint mouse alternative, Kiss your Mouse Good bye

4. 3DS MAX user/plugin-developer communities?

5. Altra Announces Micropoint Mouse Alternative, Kiss your Mouse Good bye

6. Canoma

7. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

8. Amiga Graphics

9. my mouse pointer will not animate

10. Mouse pointer VISIBLE

11. Turning the mouse pointer off from OpenGL/Performer

12. Why does my mouse pointer disappear?

13. Mouse pointer/Curser for Curves demo