Moniter 16 bit or 24 bit color help ?

Post by Cork » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a Diamond stealth AGP graphics card and were wondering if I
should have my screen set to "16bit high color" or "24 bit true color"
for using APS. I have it set to "24 bit true color at the moment"

Thanks for any help.
Remove the *Sod Off* from
my reply address

Moniter 16 bit or 24 bit color help ?

Post by Olive » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I assume APS = Apps = Applications. My suggestion... get a REAL graphics
card! ;-)

Why? So you can run in 32bit color, as I am now.

Matrox is well known for its top-of-the-line 2D performance.

Quote:> I have a Diamond stealth AGP graphics card and were wondering if I
> should have my screen set to "16bit high color" or "24 bit true color"
> for using APS. I have it set to "24 bit true color at the moment"

Moniter 16 bit or 24 bit color help ?

Post by Cork » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>I assume APS = Apps = Applications. My suggestion... get a REAL graphics
>card! ;-)

APS= Adobe PhotoShop. You still didn't answer the question.

Quote:>Why? So you can run in 32bit color, as I am now.

Post by Taci » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a Diamond stealth AGP graphics card and were wondering if I
>should have my screen set to "16bit high color" or "24 bit true color"
>for using APS. I have it set to "24 bit true color at the moment"

Use 24-bit color.

24-bit truecolor offers you approximately 16.7 million colors onscreen at once.
16-bit color offers only 65,536.

Set your video card to each mode and open Photoshop's color picker, and you'll
see what a difference it mates...

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Cork » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>I have a Diamond stealth AGP graphics card and were wondering if I
>>should have my screen set to "16bit high color" or "24 bit true color"
>>for using APS. I have it set to "24 bit true color at the moment"

>Use 24-bit color.

>24-bit truecolor offers you approximately 16.7 million colors onscreen at once.
>16-bit color offers only 65,536.

>Set your video card to each mode and open Photoshop's color picker, and you'll
>see what a difference it mates...

>------
>Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
>of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

Thanks very much, it's appreciated.

Remove the *Sod Off* from
my reply address