Re Selecting Type and Multiple Selections - How To?

Re Selecting Type and Multiple Selections - How To?

Post by Ra » Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:16:51

I have Photoshop CS on Win XP.

I am making DVD Labels.  I have some existing text and I want to add a
line of additional text to the original.  When I go to the text tool I
cant easily insert text into the same layer, It always wants to create
a new layer on top of my original text.  How do I add text to my
original text?  In other programs you choose text tool, insert cursor
and type away - or drag highlight the text and type.

Also,

I have a 2 label DVD template - I create the elements for the top
label and I want to select them all, copy them, and drag them down to
the second label below.  PS CS is only allowing me to select one
element at a time.  Im trying to do shift-select on a number of items
but I cant get multiple selections or copy them - copy is grayed out.

What steps can I use to insert text and do multiple element selects
and copy's?

Thanks

Post by jj » Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:24:46

> I have Photoshop CS on Win XP.

> I am making DVD Labels.  I have some existing text and I want to add a
> line of additional text to the original.  When I go to the text tool I
> cant easily insert text into the same layer, It always wants to create
> a new layer on top of my original text.  How do I add text to my
> original text?  In other programs you choose text tool, insert cursor
> and type away - or drag highlight the text and type.

Is your text layer by chance rasterized? In any event, just add the extra
layer. It doesn't hurt anything.

Re Selecting Type and Multiple Selections - How To?

Post by Andrew Morto » Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:08:44

1) Double-click the T icon for the relevant layer in the layers window. The text
tool will be automatically selected for the duration of the edit.

2) I think you're looking for layer sets.

Andrew