how do you draw a simple geometric shape

how do you draw a simple geometric shape

Post by kent shi » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:32:41

Hi,

I'm trying to draw a simple square, circle (outline only) but every time the
object is filled.  Can someone please tell me how to do it correctly?
Thanks.

Kent

how do you draw a simple geometric shape

Post by Bob Hatc » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:56:49

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm trying to draw a simple square, circle (outline only) but every time
the
> object is filled.  Can someone please tell me how to do it correctly?
> Thanks.

> Kent

Select the Marquee Tool, select the type shape you want circle or sq. If you
want a specific size select fixed size on the tool bar, and put the size you
want in inches, cm, or px. If you want it free form select normal on the
tool on the tool bar. Once you have the marching ants at the size, shape and
position you want them go to Edit>Stroke - Select where you want the stroke,
pixel width, and color. Click OK.
--
"Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke

how do you draw a simple geometric shape

Post by wnor » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:54:06

Kent, if you want to use the shape tool to draw you shape make sure that you
have the center icon selected on the left side of the options bar. This will
draw a path without a fill. Then just right click on the edge of it and make
selection and go from there.

how do you draw a simple geometric shape

Post by kent shi » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:47:04

Thank you Bob & wnor.

Boy, that's a lot of steps just to do a simple shape.

Kent

Quote:> Kent, if you want to use the shape tool to draw you shape make sure that

Post by Cool As Bl » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:55:13

Quote:> Kent, if you want to use the shape tool to draw you shape make sure that
you
> have the center icon selected on the left side of the options bar. This
will
> draw a path without a fill. Then just right click on the edge of it and
make
> selection and go from there.

WNOR,

How do you change the wifth of the line using your method ?

Coolasblu

Post by Cool As Bl » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 06:17:21

> Kent, if you want to use the shape tool to draw you shape make sure that
you
> have the center icon selected on the left side of the options bar. This
will
> draw a path without a fill. Then just right click on the edge of it and
make
> selection and go from there.

And.....how do you create a shape whose colour is a gradient ? The shape
must not be filled.

how do you draw a simple geometric shape

Post by wnor » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:57:02

If you are talking about the stroke line, just do an Edit>Stroke and type in
the size you want.

Post by Peter Wollenbe » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:17:52

>> Kent, if you want to use the shape tool to draw you shape make sure that
>you
>> have the center icon selected on the left side of the options bar. This
>will
>> draw a path without a fill. Then just right click on the edge of it and
>make
>> selection and go from there.

>And.....how do you create a shape whose colour is a gradient ? The shape
>must not be filled.

"Hi guys, I bought that kewl learjet, can anybody here explain me how
to handle it?"
Really, if you want to use photoshop further, RTFM AND buy and READ
some books. There ain't such thing as a "create a gradient-coloured
shape" tool. Nonetheless, there are several ways to do it (see below)
but in order to find a solution to this kind of a problem, you need a
basic understanding of photoshop.

Here's a HowTo
Create a black shape as described by Bob on a layer of its own, create
another layer on top of this layer, Expand the selection you used to
create the shape until it contains the whole shape and fill it with
the desired gradient. Click on the boundary between the two layers in
the layers rollup while pressing the alt key. This restricts the
visibility of the top layer to the non-transparent part of the bottom
layer. Merge down the top layer.

Peter

1. Need API beginner's tutorial for drawing geometric shapes

Anybody know where I can get started with this?

I want to learn how to create windows from a Powerbasic (32-bit)
application to draw in pipeline routes, barge outlines, anchor
placements etc. - no bitmaps involved - mostly just lines and circles,
but I need to add text in various font sizes too.

I wrote my own assembler routines for this with the DOS versions of my
software, but I want to use winapi calls to do it now.

It doesn't have to be about opengl - could just be about screen output
using the old winapi.

Any info would help - I have looked for this on the www but haven't
been able to find anything suitable.

 - Tom

2. rec.games.programmer

3. how to show gif files

4. Drawing geometric shapes in PI 3.01

5. Help with GLUT

6. How draw shapes UNDER another shape?

7. Super Paint Mystery Help!

8. Can you identify these geometric shapes?

9. SOFTWARE: SHAPES Geometric Computing System

10. Needed: Routines for rotatable geometric shapes

11. SOFTWARE: SHAPES Geometric Computing System

12. How Do I format jpgs into geometric shapes?