Sorting Plugins

Post by Corey Kay » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I looking for a simple way to sort my plugins in my FILTER pull down menu.
I've tried making sub-directories in my ADOBE/PLUGINS directory but it just
reads everything and sorts them as it sees fit !

HELP !!!!

Sorting Plugins

Post by Mac McDouga » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

[This followup was posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Quote:> I looking for a simple way to sort my plugins in my FILTER pull down menu.
> I've tried making sub-directories in my ADOBE/PLUGINS directory but it just
> reads everything and sorts them as it sees fit !

There's a freeware called Plugin Manager, runs under 95, that does good
stuff with this prob...PShop can only list so many plugins..this app lets
you activate/deactivate them, group them, etc...just started playing with
it, but looks pretty good...download from ZNet's site...

--
  Mac McDougald -- DOOGLE DIGITAL -- Knoxville, TN

[film recording|scanning|copystand photography|photo
 restoration|presentation graphics|html|wordsmithing]

Sorting Plugins

Post by Gerardo Gonzale » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have a small utility just for this!

Contact me by email if you want me to send it to you!

>I looking for a simple way to sort my plugins in my FILTER pull down menu.
>I've tried making sub-directories in my ADOBE/PLUGINS directory but it just
>reads everything and sorts them as it sees fit !

>HELP !!!!

Sorting Plugins

Post by Roger A. Moncrie » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I looking for a simple way to sort my plugins in my FILTER pull down menu.
> I've tried making sub-directories in my ADOBE/PLUGINS directory but it just
> reads everything and sorts them as it sees fit !

> HELP !!!!

Corey,
Have you checked http://www.netins.net/showcase/wolf359/adobepc.htm? He
has an excellent section on managing large numbers of plugins there. I
put my excess plugins on a command palette (PS 3.0.5) and it solved my
problem.
--
Roger A. Moncrief
http://www.indrev.com

Indepth reviews of Imagine for Windows, Ray Dream Studio 4.1, Bryce 2,
World Construction Set 2, Detailer, Goo, Click & Create, CourseWorks 3.2
CBT, etc. on line now. trueSpace 3 in work. All pages now enchanced with
music by the Keyboard Wizard.

Sorting Plugins

Post by Jukka Ah » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I looking for a simple way to sort my plugins in my FILTER pull down menu.
> I've tried making sub-directories in my ADOBE/PLUGINS directory but it just
> reads everything and sorts them as it sees fit !

> HELP !!!!

This is a flaw in Photoshop's design. The submenu titles you see
in the Filter menu are hardcoded in the plugins. There's no easy
way to change them (not even with a hex editor, believe me, I've
already tried it!).

Anyone who sees this as a bother should contact Adobe
and tell them that it would be a good idea to let the
user organize the filter menu the way (s)he likes it
in the future versions.

 -- znark

Sorting Plugins

Post by Shena Delian O'Brie » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Check out this WONDERFUL FREEWARE utility. Did the thing for me!! :)

http://johann.simplenet.com/

Click on "Photoshop Plugin Manager" :-)

--
                  ** Shena Delian O'Brien **
Co-Founder, Web Guard  -   http://www.darklock.com/webguard/

Sorting Plugins

Post by Corey Kay » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Thanks for all who replied....  i haven't checked out any of the
shareware/freeware yet but hope to today, they sounds like exactly what i
was looking for.

If only i could get paid to play....
:  )

1. Need sort algorithm that takes linear time on a sorted list

We need to sort a set of numbers, in such a way that the sort takes
linear time in the number of elements if the list is already sorted, and
no worse than O(n log n) time otherwise.  We are implementing this in
hardware, and need to minimise the number of memory access.  Because of
this, an array is probably a better representation than a linked list,
but maybe not.

We can see that examining the list first, then doing a merge-sort if
there are any elements out of order, but we would prefer not to do this.
In particular, we would rather like the algorithm to spend O(n log n)
time operating on any unsorted sub-lists, while still managing O(n) time
on the rest.  I.e., any time that it takes in addition to the time it
takes on a sorted list should depend only on those clusters of elements
that are out of order.

This is for a multiple polygon rendering algorithm: the hardware
maintains a list of x-coordinates in order, to run-length encode the
pixel colour changes occurring on a single horizontal scan line, which
are dispatched to pixel rendering hardware.  As the scan line move down
vertically, the x-coordinates move by (different) small amounts.
Occasionally, a few move past the others.  The sorting algorithm is
needed to maintain the sorted order of these pixels.  Because we don't
expect the sequence order to change much from one scan line to the next,
an algorithm that takes linear time when most of the elements are
already in order would be ideal.

Insertion sort is pretty fast when most of the elements are in order,
but takes O(n^2) time in the worst case (which can happen with our
polygon rendering).  Merge sort is pretty good all round.  Quick sort is
good almost all the time, but a good implementation is probably too
complicated to implement in the amount of hardware we have available.

We are thinking of some kind of hybrid of merge sort and insertion sort,
but no particular algorithm has suggested itself :-)

Does anyone know of a suitable sorting algorithm?

Thank,

Jamie

2. skin texturing

3. Sorting 3D triangles (Z Sorting) using qsort() : Problem

4. Draw a polybezier line without.canvas.plybezier?

5. Sorting Polys: Radix sort algorithm

6. Problems going QuarkXpress to EPS

7. plugins - Andrew's plugins collection update

8. Help me about my work on 3d landscape from DEM

9. Plugins for me, plugins for free?

10. Need help on sorting image files ...