Circles -- what's the easiest way create?

Circles -- what's the easiest way create?

Post by john.. » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm new to Photoshop so please forgive me as I'm sure this topic has
come up again and again.

How do I create circles??

I saw something about using the circle selection tool and converting
to working path.  Why is this such a pain in the ass?

Microsoft Paint that comes for FREE with Windows can create circles.
Corel PhotoPaint can make circles.  What's the philosophical reason
for a $600 program not make circles?

Thanks for any info.

Circles -- what's the easiest way create?

Post by LJBAYL » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

You'll find photoshop help very helpfull!

in 4: goto to the selection tool (dashed rectangle) click and keep clicked.  On
the pop out menu select the oval.  Click on your picture and drag.  To keep it
circular keep shift in, and to drag it from the centre hold in alt as well (may
vary on apples).

Now you've got you circle fill it (edit>fill) or with the bucket) or stroke it
(edit>stroke) to get a border.  Resise with ctrl-T.

Slow at first but you get used to it.

Post by Jerry Kinda » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> How do I create circles??

Select the desired area using the oval marquee tool (Shift constrains to a
perfect circle), then use Fill or Stroke on the Edit menu to created a
filled or hollow circle.

Quote:> Microsoft Paint that comes for FREE with Windows can create circles.
> Corel PhotoPaint can make circles.  What's the philosophical reason
> for a $600 program not make circles?

Because the select-then-fill/stroke method is much more flexible.  Once
you have defined the circle you can "fill" it with anything you like,
including a gradient or a filter's output or whatever.  (If you have Eye
Candy, for instance, you can make your circles look like they're made out
of glass.)  This makes the "circle tool" infinitely more flexible even if
it's a little more work to do simple (but basically useless) things like
drawing a circle filled with a single flat color.

--

Manual Labor    http://www.manual.com             Web Design, etc.

MWJ, the Weekly Journal for Serious Mac Users  http://www.gcsf.com

Circles -- what's the easiest way create?

Post by CAK » Tue, 28 Jul 1998 04:00:00

We're giving away a font that does
just that plus much more. If saving
time is a consideration...

--
CAK
Free Shape Blocks font

Post by Spudd » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I'm new to Photoshop so please forgive me as I'm sure this topic has
>come up again and again.

>How do I create circles??

My favorite way is to use a dingbat font for a circle (Wingdings has one).
Always wonderfully anti-aliased.
:-)

Circles -- what's the easiest way create?

Post by INFINiTi » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Use the Elliptical Marquee to make a circular selection and stroke it in Edit,
Stroke.  To make a perfect circle hold down shift.

? INFINITY