Logo help for a beginner

Post by -carme » Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:13:42

I'd really like to make a logo for my homepage similar to the PACERS.COM
logo seen on their homepage (pacers.com of course).  I'm just not sure what
font type and font size that would be and would there be any premade
gradients to match this logo?

I would be designing it on Photoshop CS3

Thank you

Logo help for a beginner

Post by Dave » Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:47:59

>I'd really like to make a logo for my homepage similar to the PACERS.COM
>logo seen on their homepage (pacers.com of course).  I'm just not sure what
>font type and font size that would be and would there be any premade
>gradients to match this logo?

>I would be designing it on Photoshop CS3

>Thank you

You should consider using a (logo) program
specialized for the task. That would be so much easier.

Dave

Logo help for a beginner

Post by Gary » Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:59:11

I have to agree -- that screams out for Illustrator or something
vector-based.

Explaining it in PS would be hard to do and hard for you to follow. It could
be done, but not easy.

Gary (sorry)

Quote:> I'd really like to make a logo for my homepage similar to the PACERS.COM
> logo seen on their homepage (pacers.com of course).  I'm just not sure what
> font type and font size that would be and would there be any premade
> gradients to match this logo?

> I would be designing it on Photoshop CS3

> Thank you

Logo help for a beginner

Post by pico » Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:03:38

Quote:>I have to agree -- that screams out for Illustrator or something
> vector-based.

> Explaining it in PS would be hard to do and hard for you to follow. It
> could
> be done, but not easy.

I don't think the person wants anything professional so:  Make a circular
path. Type on the path. Enjoy.

Logo help for a beginner

Post by -carme » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:39:21

I think I may have confused the forum members...sorry.

Rather then the graphcial part of the logo on the far left, I only want to
reproduce the actual text PACERS.COM.  I think I could manage that in
Photoshop, and was wondering if someone has seen a similar gradient for this
logo available on the net and if they could give me a guestimate as to what
font size that might be and the actual font type used.

Thank you

>>I have to agree -- that screams out for Illustrator or something
>> vector-based.

>> Explaining it in PS would be hard to do and hard for you to follow. It
>> could
>> be done, but not easy.

> I don't think the person wants anything professional so:  Make a circular
> path. Type on the path. Enjoy.

Logo help for a beginner

Post by pico » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:59:04

Quote:>I think I may have confused the forum members...sorry.

> Rather then the graphcial part of the logo on the far left, I only want to
> reproduce the actual text PACERS.COM.  I think I could manage that in
> Photoshop, and was wondering if someone has seen a similar gradient for
> this logo available on the net and if they could give me a guestimate as
> to what font size that might be and the actual font type used.

Open the Characters palette (Windows, Character)
Type your logo in all-caps in any font.
Then select the type you just made (font tool)
Select the font window/dialog (top) and scroll to the very top.

While the font selection is darkened (selected) in that window, use the
down-arrow key to march through each font. Keep arrowing down to try them
all. In CS3 you get a font sample next to the font menu, which is good for
narrowing your options, but it still helps to see the exact words shown on
your screen. UP-DOWN arrow looking about.

Or you could try http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Logo help for a beginner

Post by pico » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:03:41

Quote:>I think I may have confused the forum members...sorry.

> Rather then the graphcial part of the logo on the far left, I only want to
> reproduce the actual text PACERS.COM.  I think I could manage that in
> Photoshop, and was wondering if someone has seen a similar gradient for
> this logo available on the net and if they could give me a guestimate as
> to what font size that might be and the actual font type used.

Franklin Gothic (choose a variation)

Logo help for a beginner

Post by Kulvinder Singh Mathar » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:52:17

[snip]

Quote:>font size that might be and the actual font type used.

[snip]

This may help (or not) for font id:
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Website : www.metalvortex.com
Contact : www.metalvortex.com/contact/

Brain! Brain! What is brain?!

Logo help for a beginner

Post by Christin » Sat, 01 Dec 2007 01:46:21

I recommend http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/overview.php

It is easy and vector...photoship bitmaps sometimes pixelate.

christina

Quote:> I'd really like to make a logo for my homepage similar to the PACERS.COM
> logo seen on their homepage (pacers.com of course).  I'm just not sure
> what font type and font size that would be and would there be any premade
> gradients to match this logo?

> I would be designing it on Photoshop CS3

> Thank you

1. Rotating Logos / Text - Beginners question

Is there any shareware out there that will automate the process of
creating a rotating logo or text (that's rotating around an axis
paralell to the screen, not perpendicular to it), or is such a thing
not possible?

Any help in this direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

D. Miles

2. Bryce 3d question

3. LOGOS-LOGOS-LOGOS...

4. Probleme nach Update auf 7.0.1

5. HELP: Web Forum Logo Help Needed

6. picking with orthographic camera sometimes fails

7. HELP: Need help with Logo color

8. MESH Generator WANTED

9. : 3D from beginner to not so beginner

10. 3D from beginner to not so beginner

11. beginners beginner question

12. I will convert 2D logos to 3D logos.