Layer mask VS Channel mask

Post by new bo » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Dear all,

I am a new boy in Photoshop. Could anybody here give me some idea when to
use layer mask and channel mask ?

Thanks a lot.

Layer mask VS Channel mask

Post by Ross » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Dear all,

>I am a new boy in Photoshop. Could anybody here give me some idea when to
>use layer mask and channel mask ?

>Thanks a lot.

A layer mask is a mask associated with a particular layer - it
determines how opaque or transparent each pixel in that layer is. It
is just like any other channel, but it only shows up in the Channels
palette when that layer is active.

A channel mask (also known as an alpha channel) is a selection (mask)
saved in a channel. The channel can be used to load (or recover) the
selection to be used as many times, and for whatever you need. A
channel mask is not associated with any particular layer, and will
always be available in the Channels palette regardless of the active
layer.

Ross

Layer mask VS Channel mask

Post by Linelle Lan » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Your explanation makes the concept of the two mask types really clear.
Thanks.

Linelle Lane

--
Linelle Lane
http://www.sonic.net/linelle

1. layering, layer masking, masks en channels

Hi,

Ik ben op zoek naar een goed boek over photoshop waarin uitgebreid
onderstaande functionaliteiten worden uitgemeten:

1)Layering
2)Layer masking
3)Use of Channels

Ook moeten er goed praktijkvoorbeelden in staan.

Een aantal internet-sites waarin bovenstaande functionaliteiten worden
beschreven is ook gewenst!

Groet,
Jorgen

2. Download 3d models

3. masks and layer masks?

4. Scan conversion of 3D spheres

5. PS4: pasting into channels or layer masks

6. makemovie

7. Channel to Layer Mask how?

8. Golfball mesh

9. The Best Masking Plug-In Mask Pro 2.0 vs Ultimatte Knock-Out

10. Mask Pro vs. Magic Mask

11. Masks vs. adjustment layers

12. Layer masks and Adjustment layers

13. Layer mask based on saturation of another layer?