Exporting or Saving File Formats...

Post by Sandi Storc » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello

        I am working on a 24"x36" Poster that I created in PS 3.0 on a PC. It
is a RGB format because I am only using three colors, Red, Yellow, and
Black. I want to save it or export it in a file format that I can open
in Pagemaker 5.0 to add additional text (reversed out in white) and
drop-in photos.

        My options for saving seem to be the PS format and my options for
exporting seem to be Amiga HAM, Illustrator, Quick Edit and Gif89. I
have read the User Guide again and again and I know I am just not
getting something. It talks aboput exporting/saving docs in all sorts of
formats that are supposed to "magically" appear in the drop down menus.
Ha Ha.

        What am I missing? Can anyone help me?

        Thanks...in advance.

        Sandi :D

Exporting or Saving File Formats...

Post by Terry D. Moor » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello

>    I am working on a 24"x36" Poster that I created in PS 3.0 on a PC. It
> is a RGB format because I am only using three colors, Red, Yellow, and
> Black.

In RGB mode you have 256 red x 256 blue x 256 green for a total of over
16.7 million colors. If you are only using three colors you may want to set
mode to indexed (256) colors to save file space.

Quote:> I want to save it or export it in a file format that I can open
> in Pagemaker 5.0 to add additional text (reversed out in white) and
> drop-in photos.

>    My options for saving seem to be the PS format and my options for
> exporting seem to be Amiga HAM, Illustrator, Quick Edit and Gif89. I
> have read the User Guide again and again and I know I am just not
> getting something. It talks aboput exporting/saving docs in all sorts of
> formats that are supposed to "magically" appear in the drop down menus.
> Ha Ha.

Are you using layers? Many save as options will be "grayed out" (unusable)
if you have layers. Flatten the image first.

--
Terry D. Moore

Motorcycles Festoons Fish-Tacos Petroglyphs Jazz/Blues/Rock Chilles
Bottom Left Coast, USA

Exporting or Saving File Formats...

Post by Michael Kna » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: Hello
:
:
:       My options for saving seem to be the PS format and my options for
: exporting seem to be Amiga HAM, Illustrator, Quick Edit and Gif89. I
: have read the User Guide again and again and I know I am just not
: getting something. It talks aboput exporting/saving docs in all sorts of
: formats that are supposed to "magically" appear in the drop down menus.
: Ha Ha.
:
:       What am I missing? Can anyone help me?
:
Save a copy  under the file menu and choose the "flatten image" checkbox.
all those other formats don't allow for layers...

Michael

Exporting or Saving File Formats...

Post by Sandi Storc » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

        Thanks for the help in reducing the file size by changing the mode. I
had figured out how to reduce it some by flattening it but it was still
huge. The mode change reduced it an additional 50%!!

        I also tried to "Save a Copy" as an .eps and .tiff. The only problem is
that when I opened these in Pagemaker or Corel the image was seriously
lacking resolution and detail. So I have decided to just import the
additional text into Photoshop.

        So now I am trying to figure out how to import the needed text into
Photoshop. What wordprocessing program is best suited for interfacing
with Photoshop? (PC based, please?) And will I import into a new layer
or a new channel so I can manipulate the text and color it? Will I be
able to import type and manipulate it? The User Guide seems to be
lacking in guidance regarding text.

        I am sorry if these questions are so basic. I am coming from  Corel
experience and recently discovered the power of Photoshop and found a
new love...

        Thank you in advance...

        Sandi :)