Separating spot color in tiff

Post by Gregg Sale » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I create sketches in photoshop and add one spot color.  When printed
from pagemaker they will not separate.  Someone mentioned that i need to
use channels but i can't seem to get that to work.  can someone tell me
a method to use?

gregg sales
--
DFD Architect, Inc.
9801 Anderson Mill Road 220

Post by Scott Hedg » Wed, 08 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> I create sketches in photoshop and add one spot color.  When printed
> from pagemaker they will not separate.  Someone mentioned that i need to
> use channels but i can't seem to get that to work.  can someone tell me
> a method to use?

> gregg sales

Check the chapter on printing in the PS4 manual. It gives a method for
introducing spot colors by replacing certain CMYK channels. Far too
complicated to go into here. But it works.
--
Scott Hedge
Graphic Designer / Website Developer

Post by Gregg Sale » Wed, 08 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > I create sketches in photoshop and add one spot color.  When printed
> > from pagemaker they will not separate.  Someone mentioned that i need to
> > use channels but i can't seem to get that to work.  can someone tell me
> > a method to use?

> > gregg sales

> Check the chapter on printing in the PS4 manual. It gives a method for
> introducing spot colors by replacing certain CMYK channels. Far too
> complicated to go into here. But it works.
> --
> Scott Hedge
> Graphic Designer / Website Developer
> WordSouth Public Relations, Inc.
> http://www.wordsouth.com

I'm using 3.0.  I can look at a 4.0 manual.  Will it work the same?

DFD Architect, Inc.
9801 Anderson Mill Road 220
Austin Texas 78750
Voice 512-335-2881
Fax 512-335-0828

1. Separating to spot colors

Photospot is published by Second Glance Software. 714-855-2331. The fax is

includes 3 reduction filters (Paint Thinner, Acetone, and Turpentine).

2. Aus Wien

3. Separate out spot color

4. 3ds MAX File SDK available?

5. separating spot colors

6. HP and OpenGl

7. Spot-colors in EPS from PM 65 separates in CMYK

8. Tiff - Spot Color Seperation

9. HELP: Tiff Spot Color Separations

10. Help: TIFFs & Spot Color

11. EPS spot colour won't separate