RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Remc » Sat, 24 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,

I'm looking for adobe plugins which makes raindrops on your image
For example when you have an image of a can of coke and you want the can to
apear  as if it's realy cold. does anyone know what i mean??

I've got some cool plugins to trade as wel.

Regards,
Remco

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by John Cunningha » Sat, 24 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I'm looking for adobe plugins which makes raindrops on your image
> For example when you have an image of a can of coke and you want the can to
> apear  as if it's realy cold. does anyone know what i mean??

> I've got some cool plugins to trade as wel.

> Regards,
> Remco

Eye Candy 3.0 has a filter that might work.  Bubbles is what I think its
called

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by M. Sava » Sat, 24 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I'm looking for adobe plugins which makes raindrops on your image
> For example when you have an image of a can of coke and you want the can to
> apear  as if it's realy cold. does anyone know what i mean??

> I've got some cool plugins to trade as wel.

> Regards,
> Remco

yeah eyecandy 3 has a filter like that, where it can also distort the
background, to give it a more 3-dimensional feel.

---Mike Savad

--
Mike's Stained Glass
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/1141

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Paul » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

Eye Candy has just such a plug-in.

Paul

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Stan The M » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

>> I'm looking for adobe plugins which makes raindrops on your image
>> For example when you have an image of a can of coke and you want the can to
>> apear  as if it's realy cold. does anyone know what i mean??
>Eye Candy 3.0 has a filter that might work.  Bubbles is what I think its
>called

Eye Candy does water drops or bubbles which are geometrically perfect. It
can't produce pear-shaped drops to simulate the effect of gravity, nor can
it produce 'wet trails'. You'll need some pretty hot 3D app for this.

Stan
--
Stan The Man
+++* under this Macintosh+++

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Robert Barnet » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

There is one other filter that will do water drops that aren't perfect. Try
Andromeda Software's Series 4 Techtures filters. There are several
waterdrop techtures under the environment section. You can check them out
at http://www.veryComputer.com/.

This filter is an awesome package and a lot of fun.

Robert

> >> I'm looking for adobe plugins which makes raindrops on your image
> >> For example when you have an image of a can of coke and you want the
can to
> >> apear  as if it's realy cold. does anyone know what i mean??

> >Eye Candy 3.0 has a filter that might work.  Bubbles is what I think its
> >called

> Eye Candy does water drops or bubbles which are geometrically perfect. It
> can't produce pear-shaped drops to simulate the effect of gravity, nor
can
> it produce 'wet trails'. You'll need some pretty hot 3D app for this.

> Stan
> --
> Stan The Man
> +++* under this Macintosh+++

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Dan S » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

> >> I'm looking for adobe plugins which makes raindrops on your image
> >> For example when you have an image of a can of coke and you want the can to
> >> apear  as if it's realy cold. does anyone know what i mean??

> >Eye Candy 3.0 has a filter that might work.  Bubbles is what I think its
> >called

> Eye Candy does water drops or bubbles which are geometrically perfect. It
> can't produce pear-shaped drops to simulate the effect of gravity, nor can
> it produce 'wet trails'. You'll need some pretty hot 3D app for this.

Eye candy can't do it, but you can make the bubbles then use the distort
tool.  which one was it... there it is..  Filter | Distort | Spherize |
Horizontal Only (tab).  That should bend the outside ones as if it's
3D.  Do the drops on a seperate layer then use the Spherize.

Ha!  And he said it couldn't be done in PS...
--
   _.--------------------===================--------------------._
  /.-------------------------------------------------------------.\

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Bryan Coo » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

> > >Eye Candy 3.0 has a filter that might work.  Bubbles is what I think its
> > >called

> > Eye Candy does water drops or bubbles which are geometrically perfect. It
> > can't produce pear-shaped drops to simulate the effect of gravity, nor can
> > it produce 'wet trails'. You'll need some pretty hot 3D app for this.

> Eye candy can't do it, but you can make the bubbles then use the distort
> tool.  which one was it... there it is..  Filter | Distort | Spherize |
> Horizontal Only (tab).  That should bend the outside ones as if it's
> 3D.  Do the drops on a seperate layer then use the Spherize.

> Ha!  And he said it couldn't be done in PS...

You can also use varying size, hard brushes to make circles in an alpha
channel. Make the circles white and the background black. Then duplicate
the alpha channel and Gaussian blur the duplicate. Now load the
selection and choose the first alpha channel as the selection to load.
Now inverse the selection and fill it with black. Now go to Image -->
Calculations and specify the sources as the alpha channel with the
blurred and trimmed version, and select the desitnation as a new image.
Also, put the setting at normal. Save the new image as disp.psd and use
the Displace filter with the disp.psd as the displacement map. There ya
have it!

                        Bryan

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by Chil » Sat, 31 May 1997 04:00:00

>> >Eye Candy 3.0 has a filter that might work.  Bubbles is what I think its
>> >called

>> Eye Candy does water drops or bubbles which are geometrically perfect. It
>> can't produce pear-shaped drops to simulate the effect of gravity, nor can
>> it produce 'wet trails'. You'll need some pretty hot 3D app for this.

>Eye candy can't do it, but you can make the bubbles then use the distort
>tool.  which one was it... there it is..  Filter | Distort | Spherize |
>Horizontal Only (tab).  That should bend the outside ones as if it's
>3D.  Do the drops on a seperate layer then use the Spherize.

>Ha!  And he said it couldn't be done in PS...

I've a feeling that the new Liquid Metal gizmo I saw in Painter 5 yesterday
will make a better*of it--even to the point of creating the liquid
trails. Might have been even better if some of the viscosity/drippiness in
Kai's Turbulence had been carried over to P5.

Stan

RAINDROP PLUGINS

Post by YAPPIN » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

haven't seen that plug in but would love to trade plug ins.