Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by mave » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
for this?

To email me, just take the "help" out of my email address.

Many thanks.

Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by Wayne Reindolla » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Maven;
    Check out http://www.photo.net/photo/sepia/index.html
It has an explanation of sepia and photoshop.
Wayne

>Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
>Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
>restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
>those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
>for this?

>To email me, just take the "help" out of my email address.

>Many thanks.

Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by Bob G » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I don't know about a filter in the full versions of Photoshop, but here
is how it can be done in Photoshop 2.5LE (so it should work in all
versions).

If picture is grayscale, change it to RGB mode.

Select to "Adjust" using "Color Balance".

Adjust the color level to add more yellow, and maybe a little magenta.
Do it for shadows, midtones, and highlights.

> Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
> Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
> restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
> those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
> for this?

> To email me, just take the "help" out of my email address.

> Many thanks.

Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by Taci » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
>Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
>restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
>those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
>for this?

You don't need a filter for this.

Convert the image to one of the color modes (RGB or CmYK, depending on whether
you'll just use it on the screen, or plan to use it in print too.) Then,
Image->Adjust->Hue and Saturation. Click the Colorize button, turn the
Saturation down, and move the Hue slider until you find a sepia you like.

Alternately, use a Pantone book to choose a color you like. Select that color
as your foreground color in Photoshop. Convert the image to a color mode,
Select All, Edit->Fill with Foreground color in Color Only mode.

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by Rob Davie » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
> Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
> restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
> those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
> for this?

> To email me, just take the "help" out of my email address.

> Many thanks.

Everybodies a genius the most obvious way to do it is as it was done
originally except in the digital world we call it a duotone basically open
the image as a grayscale then once open go back to mode and select duotone
choose your format duo tri quad etc then pick the colours these will print
to dyesub printers with perfection if you print to press do not forget to
give the printer the pantone no's.

Same as chemical photograghy which would use a sepia tone emulsion except we
use ink

rjdart

  davco.vcf
< 1K Download

Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by Robert Pillifea » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
>Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
>restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
>those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
>for this?

>To email me, just take the "help" out of my email address.

>Many thanks.

I use the below format for Sepia Images....

Change your Black & White image to RGB mode.  Select a Sepia
foreground colour as such...15% Cyan, 70% Magenta, 95% Yellow, and 7%
Black.  Go to Fill Command under Edit Menu and select Foreground
Colour in Contents.  Make the Opacity 25% and Colour for the Mode
under blending.  you should then have a Sepia-Toned image

Regards Bob

Sepia filter - Please Help!

Post by <davidhodg.. » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There are 2 ways  to do this  one is to make a very good print  some sort of
pro output  then get a copy neg. 4x5 made then do a print and then sepia
tone it  or better still salinume tone it  ( What would I would charge t to
do that  would be $100 if you ere selling it $20O for the first print and
$40 there after
The outer thing you can do it buy converting it to RGB or CYMK file  and
then color it  buy shifting the color balance  this does not look as good

>>Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
>>Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.

1. help please: need sepia filter

I am restoring some photos that are about 100 years old.  I found it easier to
restore them after desaturating them.  After I have the images done I want to
re-sepia them.  Can anyone give me either a sepia filter, plugin or  color
adjustments to help me get back to what I am looking for.  Thanks for your
help.

Mark

2. Stephanie's board

3. PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

4. Throw Me A bone (advertisement)

5. Sepia filter

6. LSM 2001

7. Sepia Filter

8. Lowest INTERNATIONAL Calling RATES Available !!

9. sepia filter

10. Wanted-sepia filter & Quantum 1+

11. Sepia Filter

12. howto sepia filter

13. FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS