channels and masks

Post by Chris Ende » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:51:50

hi

i am not experienced in photoshop 6.
i have a wall texture as png-file andi want to add transparency, so the
stones are more transparent and the fugues less transparent. i clicked on
"add new mask" in the channel view. no i have a 8 bit mask connnected with
the original image. thats good. now i want to have the content of the
original image as content in the mask, grayscale of course. how can i
archieve this?? can anybody help me? it s a bit urgent..
thanks

chris

channels and masks

Post by Taci » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:29:17

Quote:> now i want to have the content of the
>original image as content in the mask, grayscale of course. how can i
>archieve this??

Switch to the original image. Select All. Copy. Switch to the mask. Paste.

Is that what you needed?
--
"Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.

channels and masks

Post by Jim Gizz » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:46:19

In order to switch to the mask for editing purposes it is necessary to hold
the alt key while clicking on the mask icon.

Quote:> > now i want to have the content of the
> >original image as content in the mask, grayscale of course. how can i
> >archieve this??

> Switch to the original image. Select All. Copy. Switch to the mask. Paste.

> Is that what you needed?
> --
> "Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
> Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.
> All at: http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

1. Channel as mask

I want to use a layer (created from an inverted blue channel) as a mask
for another layer.  How do I get the information from a layer (or
channel) into a mask?  If I try to paste it PS just give me a new
layer.
Is it possible to paint with an image rather than a color?

Thanks,
Ron

2. Adjustment Layers and Layer Effects

3. Layer mask VS Channel mask

4. Postgraduate Research Opportuniy

5. layering, layer masking, masks en channels

6. NEWBIE: How do you convert QuickTime to MPEG?

7. Alpha channels (for Masking) in MAX2.5 and UVW mapping of bitmaps.

8. Tutorial...

9. Transferring a mask (alpha channel) from one image to another

10. Alpha Channel Mask -translucent

12. Masks and Channels

13. How to Save Post-Channel/Mask as JPEG?