Newbie question: palettes/channels/?

Post by Robin Deuts » Sun, 22 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have two images, one hand from a painting and one real skull...

Quote:>I'd like to have the hand's color match that of the skull.  That is,
>the flesh tones in the hand would be converted to the bone tones of
>the skull...

While not absolutely shure, here's what I did once:

-> convert copy of skull image to indexed colors
-> choose "flexible" color palette and save it
-> convert copy of hand image to indexed colors
-> choose "previous" color palette...  or
-> go mode/->color palettes and load skull palette
   (You could also tweak that palette by
   adding/changing colors)
-> convert back to RGB or CMYK
-> fine-tune colors

Check the manual - I probably missed some details...
It's maybe not perfect, but it works.

Regards,
Robin

1. Newbie question: palettes/channels/?

  I don't have the terminology down, but here's what I want to do.
I have two images, one hand from a painting and one real skull...
I'd like to have the hand's color match that of the skull.  That is,
the flesh tones in the hand would be converted to the bone tones of
the skull.
  Aside from selecting specific colors and replacing them, is there an
easy way to do this?
  Free stale pretzels to the first kind soul willing to take time to
explain this to me.

2. Help with Head light illumination effect

3. How do you store your pics?

4. Newbie: Alpha channel, Anti aliasing text and 2 channel CCIR 601 video cards

5. Win FREE prizes!!!!

6. Newbie question on palettes

7. fingerprint processing

8. Newbie question about palettes

9. Newbie: Alpha Channels?

10. Alpha channel query (newbie)

11. Newbie: Trouble creating Alpha channel for TGA32 save